lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Inherited pds problem

A friend has a 2003 PDS with a interminent shut down problem,riding along it would shut down and throw you foward like full regen braking.The solenoid was running very hot to the touch.He and a buddy decided to put a new heavy duty solenoid now nothing.Solenoid will not activate.Now it is my problem,I brought to my shop wasn't going to deal with it at his house on the ground.I'm sure this is going to be Keep it simple Stupid.Quick checks have bat pack voltage at solenoid and activation circut,have no negitive on activation circut pedal down,can provide negitive and activate solenoid and still no go..This was all done with no chip at all in the contoller,can a Curtis controller lose programming when power is removed and replaced with no chip at all.Have not started on it yet looking for some direction.Thanx Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Inherited pds problem

If there is a diode across the small posts on the solenoid make sure the polarity is correct.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I am told that controller damage is accumulative.
If they keep going into thermal overload shutdown over and over again then one day it doesn't come out of shutdown... ? Possibly something happened while they were changing the solenoid that didn't work... The negative side of the controller activation comes from controller pin #6

Big tires? Rear seat? Stock control? Hilly terrain? Off Road? All these things require a bigger controller and of course larger cables.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanx guys,Doug no diode at all wondered about that and was going to get into wiring diagrams to make sure it was supposed to have one,Scotty nail on the head,lifted,big tires,back seat and a back yard tech,I will probably hate myself before this one is over.will get into it after lunch and keep ya all posted..Dave
Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just because I hate stories without endings...I once again bow to the great Scotty-B,you were on the money man!!!problem was the contoller ,consecutive over heats and when power was removed the controller decided not to come back.Customer won't spend the money to do it right so it will smoke another one in a year or so.Thanx Scotty ,Dave
Old 06-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We just see the same problem time and time again

Funny how a guy will spend $200 annually but not spend $400 to stop the cycle? Maybe they plan on selling it?

Glad I could help
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO