lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
ninershawn2418
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default drive no go sometimes

yamaha 48 volt 06 drive ,was going along and it just stopped ,flipped to tow and towed home played with ,key switch forward and reverse ,run /tow it starting working ,went around the block and it stopped again ,could it be a bad forward and reverse switch
ninershawn2418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
ninershawn2418
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: drine no go sometimes

wow cant beleive nobody knows anything about yamahas
Old 03-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

could be a bad key switch? Hve you metered any of the connections??
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninershawn2418 View Post
wow cant beleive nobody knows anything about yamahas
"The Drive" didn't come out till 2007, are you shure you have a "The Drive"/G29" or a G22 ? I and others know somethings, but electric diagnosess is much tougher when there intermitent or only happen "sometimes". Your use of the "run/tow" switch was correct, don't want to tow or push the car without doing that because you could fry the controller or motor working against anti runaway and regen brakeing. The run/tow switch cuts off power to the controller and after 2 to 5 minutes will drain the capacitors in the controller to help "reset" the controller if it shut it self down because of a "fault". Your car (G22 or G29) can be read by a "Genius" reader to find fault codes and "status" component failures, but only by a dealer. You don't show your location, but I have seen (in salty/ocean enviorments) that the wireharness plug connections could get a "green" corrossion that could cause a controller "shut down". Hope you don't beleive nobody knows anything about Yamaha's anymore. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
ninershawn2418
Gone Wild

Club Car

now it wont go at all ,if i turn run /tow switch off i can hear the controller reset when it comes back on ,how can i check the key switch ,and the f/r switch ,thanks for the replys i know you guys would come thru
Old 03-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
rib33024

After that sorry comment in your second post, I'am surprised any of these guys helped you
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #7
ninershawn2418
Gone Wild

Club Car

Didnt mean to be negative ,meant to say cant believe no one will chime in ,guys on here have been fantastic,usally reply with in the hour ,post was there a couple days with no responce,sorry if i offended any one,i greatly appreciate this site its awesome
Old 03-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

A service manual can show exacty what to test and in what order (very important), if you want to takle this repair yourself, I would suggest you get one. Unfortantly there are to many steps for me to post here. I will suggest 2 things...jack up the cart, in run/key on, what voltage reading do you get from the battery set? Now, with the accelerator pushed, does the battery voltage drop ? Now you need to take the floor mat reusable pins out (on the driverside) and fold the mat over to the passanger side and take out the acsess panel. Look to see if anything is stopping the pedal assy from not allowing the "stop switch" from closing or opening. I have seen intermittent/faulty stop switchs. You can check with a volt meter on continuity setting and it should have no continuity when the plunger is pushed in and continuity when the plunder is released. I have also seen at the connection to the wire harness have corrossion inside the plug causing the controller to read a fault and shut down. To be honest, I'd call the local Yamaha dealer and ask what they would charge to diagnoss it, 40 or so bucks would be worth it to me. Good luck
Old 03-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
ninershawn2418
Gone Wild

Club Car

thanks for the reply i am going to try to find a yamaha dealer ,
Old 03-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #10
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninershawn2418 View Post
thanks for the reply i am going to try to find a yamaha dealer ,
Call me the day before you get here, and I'll try to fix it while you wait
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha