lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2021, 01:04 PM   #1
TAG Prez
Not Yet Wild

Default Lifted vs Non Lifted Axle Ratio

So it appears the lifted carts have a 14:1 axle ratio and the non lifted have 10.5:1. So theoretically which one should be able to run faster? Also does anyone know the bolt pattern (4x4" or 4x100mm) and lug stud specs (standard or metric) for the ICON carts?
TAG Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2021, 03:59 PM   #2
robertmII
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lifted vs Non Lifted Axle Ratio

The 10.5:1 will have higher speed as there is less gear reduction. Remember though the wheel diameter also has to be factored in. A larger diameter wheel will have a higher speed than a smaller one given equal axle ratio.

So lifted carts have lower speed axle but higher speed wheel diameter.
robertmII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:10 PM   #3
MC16LTD
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

So, to get the speed I need, I need to find a I20 or I40 rear axel with the higher gear ratio to speed up my I40L. Wish they just made gear sets to swap like they do for the Club, EZGO and others.
MC16LTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:24 PM   #4
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC16LTD View Post
So, to get the speed I need, I need to find a I20 or I40 rear axel with the higher gear ratio to speed up my I40L. Wish they just made gear sets to swap like they do for the Club, EZGO and others.
How fast do you need? My cart on flat land cruises at 34'ish and downhill I can hit 38.

Any faster in my cart and it's dangerous and unstable. I need to upgrade the suspension/brakes/tires to handle higher speeds.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:53 AM   #5
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

Atrain, that's your cart with the 4KW motor or 5KW? I only made a few adjustments to my cart but only hit about 31 on flat surface and can get 33 downhill. (4KW motor).

Left it alone till I get lithium and would imagine the weight saving would help gain another mph or two.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:06 PM   #6
ATrain
Gone Wild

My new cart has the 5kw motor. My old 4kw could do 34 downhill.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:39 PM   #7
MC16LTD
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I have the 5kw (I40L) and even with the rpm's set to go up to 7500 my max is about 31mph (GPS) with 8 T-105's. Monster Jam in an ICON
MC16LTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon