lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
Emmster29
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Steering Squeak/Grumble (video included)

Well my winter rebuild is finally underway. I'm starting the strip down and got to the point where I want to identify this squeak / grumble that has been bugging me all summer. It seems to only happen when I turn the wheels into their limit left or right. Now that I have the front body panel off and can see it while I hear it, it seems like it might be coming from the passenger spindle / kingpin, but I can't figure it out for sure. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghh6YJtimJY
Emmster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Steering Squeak/Grumble (video included)

Something is dry and needs lubrication. Lift the car up in the air and remove the tires. Work the spindles by hand as if you were steering the car to see if they're tight or free. Grease them along with all of the tie rod ends. If that doesn't work, you may need to look into removing the steering rack and lubricating it internally.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car