lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2019, 09:06 AM   #11
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 G29, upgraded to Riot Kit - no green LED on Alltrax

Thanks
BamaAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2019, 03:39 PM   #12
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

with cable plugged into controller from laptop, LED light comes on and blinks 3 times, pauses and then 3 times, and continues pausing and 3 blinks - not sure what this means
Old 03-17-2019, 04:32 PM   #13
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Just want to verify - on my solenoid, I only have 5 wires attached -- the solenoid big post to controller B+ -- the Solenoid big post battery side to positve on pack -- on this same big post I have the red wire that comes from the run/tow switch (I think that's what that wire is) -- on the two small terminals I have on one the red/yellow wire from the run/tow and on the other I have a red coming from the same wire protector as the wires from the run/tow swithch (have no idea where that wire goes, it was on the original solenoid)
Old 03-17-2019, 06:04 PM   #14
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Update - now when I put a block on accelerator, put in run mode, and turn on key, the controller surges on and off (audible) and the light flashes, but could not get into tool kit with laptop while key was on, it said not accessible - I could access tool kit when I turned key off
Old 03-18-2019, 05:05 AM   #15
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaAF View Post
Just want to verify - on my solenoid, I only have 5 wires attached -- the solenoid big post to controller B+ -- the Solenoid big post battery side to positve on pack -- on this same big post I have the red wire that comes from the run/tow switch (I think that's what that wire is) -- on the two small terminals I have on one the red/yellow wire from the run/tow and on the other I have a red coming from the same wire protector as the wires from the run/tow swithch (have no idea where that wire goes, it was on the original solenoid)
I can not answer this, my only experience is with my Club Car. So the wire colors are probably different. Hopefully someone with specific Yamaha experience will chime in on this. I'll look in the stickys and see if this is covered there, and link to it if I find it.

Quote:
with cable plugged into controller from laptop, LED light comes on and blinks 3 times, pauses and then 3 times, and continues pausing and 3 blinks - not sure what this means
This is a code signifying what type of motor the Alltrax is programmed for. Referred to as "field map".

Here is an instruction manual from Alltrax. https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...t-Manual-1.pdf
It goes into detail about terms and other good information.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:11 AM   #16
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Update - now when I put a block on accelerator, put in run mode, and turn on key, the controller surges on and off (audible) and the light flashesthis is normal when the Alltrax powers up, but could not get into tool kit with laptop while key was on, it said not accessible - I could access tool kit when I turned key off
Well that's interesting. It should be accessible either way. Here might be the reason why...

Looking at your pictures, of your solenoid. I don't see the diodes. I would not try to power the cart on until you confirm with Alltrax if they are needed on a Yamaha. It is my understanding, regardless to brand of cart, that there should be a regen and a suppression diode.
However, I only know this for sure, to be true for club car and I believe ezgo. I don't see why it would be different for Yamaha though.

Here is a link which describes some of the confusion.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...th-diodes.html
Old 03-18-2019, 06:20 AM   #17
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Maybe the folks from this thread, http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...t=g29+solenoid, will chime in and be able to help with the wires to solenoid, if not the whole install.

If not, maybe you can try sending them a private message. I can't remember if there is a specific number of days before you can use private messaging. I'll try to send you a test private message, then you will know.

Sorry I was not able to get back to you last night...life got in the way.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:41 PM   #18
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks all - Will at Alltrax said it appeared to be a bad controller because it should not give me a "no reply" or no access to the tool kit with the key on -- Don, at Plowmans Carts is sending out a new controller and this one will go back to Alltrax
Old 04-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #19
BamaAF
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Turned out to be two bad controllers in a row - first one would not power up correctly and the next one would not recognize foot switch, even though we had full pack power to the foot switch wire in the 26 pin connector. Third one is a charm and car is functional - now to contact Plowmans to ensure it is set up correctly for motor that came with riot kit and to get a quick tutorial on changing settings. Both Plowmans and All Trax have been great to deal with and they spent a lot of time on phone helping me troubleshoot and ultimately determine faulty controllers and got me a 3rd one quickly.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha