lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2021, 11:28 PM   #1
copajoe
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 YDRE - WTB - virtually EVERYTHING!

I just found this 2009 YDRE at the swap meet the other day. Has Tranny, frame, suspension (mostly) and rims/tires.

I am looking to first get it running, then if I can do that, I will start to trick it out by adding a 6" lift, 10" rims/tires, carbon dash, stereo, custom interior, etc etc but before all that I need to see it run to see if its worth dumping a whole bunch of money into it.

Anyway, right now I need a Motor, Controller, Charger, pedal/brake set up, and so much more. Here are a few pics.

Does anyone have anything that could help me get it going without breaking the bank?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009 Yamaha 03.jpg (249.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2009 Yamaha 02.jpg (153.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2009 Yamaha 01.jpg (235.5 KB, 0 views)
copajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2021, 02:14 PM   #2
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2009 YDRE - WTB - virtually EVERYTHING!

For the amount of work and money you will put into that to get it running I would part it out and look for something else. If you are dead set on getting it running you will learn a lot along the way but you may get frustrated midway and lose money on it.
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:01 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You’re going to have to define what “break the bank” means.

And in all likelihood double that, and you’ll get er going again. It’s not gonna be cheap, it’s missing everything.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:27 PM   #4
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I think you did great for $60. Before you commit to it, write down everything it needs and an approximate cost. I'd speculate you'll be in for a minimum of $2000 with motor, batteries, controller, used bottom seat and whatever else you're missing. If your budget allows it, then you can start with an essentially free canvas, but you won't get this one going on the cheap.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:27 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I like it ! I got my industrial cart for $50 after a local shop condemned it, stripped it and left it in the owners cow pasture with no wheels.
I looked around the shop and found a motor controller wheels and tires, etc. I'm sure you could do similar posting in the wanted ads with all the upgrades going on here. GL with the project
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:13 PM   #6
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Great deal on a good cart. I think I would back up just a bit before moving forward. You can pretty easily check some of the items out to verify you have a good mechanics to build on.

I would try to verify that the cart has not been submerged in salt water. That would pretty much toast the wiring harness. Check the axle bearings, and if bad check the axles. This cart was tough on the axle bearings which are no problem at all to replace. If the axles are damaged...Ouch Probably all good, but my point is to verify what you have was not the reason it was made a parts donor.

Make a list of what you need, and start a build thread. Have fun with it. Your project will be interesting to many people. Good Luck
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:10 PM   #7
copajoe
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the responses.

I watched a bunch of videos and think I am going to open it up, document more and find out from the pros what I will need.

If I can get it going for 2g's or less, thats fine. I also will eventually lift it, bigger rims tires, and all the bells and whistles over time.

can I ask, where do I start to determine what is needed?

OR, let me say this. I plan to pull the shell off it, and the rims/tires to check to see what is up. I will also photograph it in detail and ask a **** ton more questions!

thanks again!

joe
copajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:23 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If it were mine, this would be a no brainer.

Add batteries and the missing pedal components and you’ll have a screamer. Might go a bit above your 2k when it’s said and done but she’d be a bad b****. Don may have the other stuff you need too

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts....1609776032&v=2
Old 02-23-2021, 12:25 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Might be Difficult with no pedal group but make sure the brakes work. I believe that uses wet brakes integral to the rear end. Now is the time to split it and replace them if it doesn’t work.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:49 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

On the other hand there are plenty of alternative throttle pedals out there and Alltrax can work with most of them
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts