lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2021, 09:26 AM   #61
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New G1 Ignition Coil Ground question

Now THAT is funny stuff…lol. I’m beginning to think that every time the neighbors hear you fire that thing up, they run outside and gather their kids into the house for safety…
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2021, 08:32 AM   #62
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yes for sure and the Wife even runs into the house now as well, lol
tennbamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:36 AM   #63
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Update, i have returned old key switch and received the new one. It appears the new one works well for now. I will for sure hang on to the old ignition switch. It may not have a key, but about anything pushed into slot will work.

It appears im back to running well right now. Ordered accessory panel for it and brake shoes.

Im going to try to fix brakes and start getting the old ugly green paint off and start trying to get it ready for paint.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:03 AM   #64
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennbamaman View Post
Update, i have returned old key switch and received the new one. It appears the new one works well for now. I will for sure hang on to the old ignition switch. It may not have a key, but about anything pushed into slot will work.

It appears im back to running well right now. Ordered accessory panel for it and brake shoes.

Im going to try to fix brakes and start getting the old ugly green paint off and start trying to get it ready for paint.
Looking a lot like progress. Well done. So an “accessory panel”? Is that the panel that holds all your switches?
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:14 AM   #65
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yes, It will have 4 switches and a USB plug. I plan to run a separate positive and ground from the cable to it. Just sort of wanted to have a place cut out for it as i prepare for future paint.

I put new brake shoes on yesterday bu still trying to figure out the adjustment on them. Im not seeing a lot of movement with them when i push the pedal.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:05 AM   #66
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

it being an 83 it has the later style shoe setup with a leading and trailing shoe. long shoes go in the back then they adjust like the old car drum brakes with the star adjuster. Adjust until you feel a light drag. check cable movement with the cables disconnected to see if they are binding in the sleeves.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:59 AM   #67
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

ok thanks Mike. I have loosened the cable and i have adjusted the star. Based upon spinning axle with and without drum, i think im getting a little drag now. This afternoon im going to tighten the cable back up at the pedal and try see how they do? Just curious, With the brake pedal locked down, i should be able to feel a lot of resistance when trying to turn drum, correct?
Old 10-18-2021, 11:00 AM   #68
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

With the drum off, I should also be able to physically see the shoes expand, correct?
Old 10-18-2021, 01:31 PM   #69
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Uh oh, you say one shoe is longer than the other and it goes to the back. I will have to measure them. I had a 50% chance, i could have got lucky but thats all it would have been.

Also, does the star adjuster expand the brake shoes when it is rotated downward in the front? I want to make sure i have them adjusted outward enough before i start messing with cable.

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 10-19-2021, 07:18 PM   #70
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Based upon my research the actual back pad should measure 6 1/16" versus the other being 6". this is pad area and not metal. there is an old saying that goes like this "sometimes its better to be lucky than good" lol. I think i got lucky, as it appears that my back pads are if anything a little longer. but, i will admit that 1/16" questionable
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha