lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2021, 08:19 AM   #1
Sean2202
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default G14A blows fuse randomly

I have a G14A Yamaha JN3-21017x that seems to blow the 10 amp run fuse randomly. The cart seems to run fine most of the time and does not get much use. I checked the wiring diagram and 10 amp is the proper size.

I have been told the fuse has blown when the lights are on. Not sure if it may have something to do with it or not. The lights were purchased from buggies unlimited model 2482 universal headlight kit wired with a 15 amp fuse and grote toggle switch on the dash.

What could cause the 10 amp main run fuse to blow randomly?

Thanks for any help
Sean
Sean2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2021, 09:05 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: G14A blows fuse randomly

Yamaha has a very solid but somewhat sensitive electrical system. It works well within it's own system but doesn't like to play well with accessories.
Make sure none of your accessories are using frame for ground, accessory grounds should always go to battery negative.
Try moving the positive and negative for the lights or any other accessories directly to the battery and see what happens.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:06 AM   #3
Sean2202
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: G14A blows fuse randomly

Thanks for the tip. Positive for lights comes from battery with a 15 amp fuse. Negative for lights goes to frame ground somewhere. I will try to move it back to the battery and see what happens.

Thanks
Sean
Sean2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha