lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
MrCart
Not Yet Wild

Default Xrt810

Hello! I'm considering the purchase of an XRT810 for personal around the property use. We live on the side of a 10 acre hill and always have plenty of yard work to do, and or general transporting of people and stuff up and down the driveway. I'm thinking of an XRT 810. We have a standard 1990 Club Car (two seater / two golf bag) model that's not always up to the task of going through some of our trails. Question is, I like going fast and heard the 810 isn't that speedy. (Though the specs say it goes 19mph). Can the 810 go 19mph? Can it be easily modified to go a little faster if it doesn't go the advertised rate? Thanks!
MrCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
MrCart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Xrt810

Oh Yeah, And Am I better off with Gas or Electric? Sorry - I'm a golf cart newbie here. Thanks!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

19mph is pretty quick in a golf cart on the dirt. Add a few trees and bumps and you will not need to go much more in my opinion? Gas is better suited to hilly terrain...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
19mph is pretty quick in a golf cart on the dirt. Add a few trees and bumps and you will not need to go much more in my opinion? Gas is better suited to hilly terrain...
got that right.
welcome to BGW,MrCart?
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
MrCart
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! I also have a dirt road where I'm hoping to make tat 19mph happen. So any experience with te Xrt810? Will it go 19 as advertised, or is it more like 10mph in reality, and 19 in a free fall?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Xrt810

[QUOTE=MrCart;225562]Thanks! I also have a dirt road where I'm hoping to make tat 19mph happen. So any experience with te Xrt810? Will it go 19 as advertised, or is it more like 10mph in reality, and 19 in a free fall?[/QUOTE]

Should be 19 on flat ground...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I had an old XRT 2001 i think ...... 810? Is that a new cart? Are you asking us about a new cart in a store somewhere We see the old carts, not so much of the new stuff...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
MrCart
Not Yet Wild

Yup - thinking of getting a new one
Old 06-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'd suggest a gasser if you don't mind the "hearing" it run!

The XRT 810 gasser has an FE350 engine, same as my Lynx (XRT 550)
and yes... the gasser will go 19 mph, and faster!
The electric... it will, but with some help!

There are a couple XRT810's up at my campground, and they're pretty nice!

good luck in your decision!
and...
Welcome to BGW!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
ed h
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just bought a 2009 xrt810 and have had problems with a bump bump sway while at the trailer park. Ladd's in Memphis finally swapped tires, still the heavy trail tires. It still rides like a battle wagon and I read that's normal for the xrt810, it is utility. Going across fields it was great. It's built for off road. We had a Labor Day parade through the trailer park and going up hill we had no problems and only a few electric carts had a problem, which surprised me. On a flat surface, the *** at Enid Lake, I couldn't keep up with the electrics and that miffed me good. 19 mph isn't going to happen until you're ready to void the warranty or it expires. And that's what I'm looking at now. The governor will hold it back and something seems to kick it out once you do accel to max speed and you slow terrible. Going down hill I can't accel at all, seems I'm going as fast as it can go coasting. IF I had a place I used it off the roads it would be fine and perhaps it'll be good for you. I don't like it for moving around in the trailer park - someone told me I was the loudest in the carts there. Too rough, TOO LOUD, nothing at the back seat to keep heat off your back and it gets HOT. But it has the torque, good enough speed for in a field or farm work, 2 year personal warranty, 1 year commercial. $1000 to put the rear seat conversion on it and that's TOO much. lockman1 says it'll do 19 but dirtysouth is more like me, 10mph norm and 19 in freefall. For work I sure wouldn't get the electric, but for the park I wish I'd bought one. ed
ed h is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car