lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
valencia83
Not Yet Wild

Default Is there a certain type of hei mod that i put on my 84 ez gas cart for more speed???

Lookin for a hei mod to put on my 84 ez go gas cart for speed but do not know where to start............. first time hearing of a hei mod Also i would like to get a shorter drive belt on this cart. is it just taking it off measuring and finding a shorter drive belt ??? is it a pain taking a drive belt of a 84 ez go gas??? and ideas would help just wanna make sure this is something i can do
valencia83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is there a certain type of hei mod that i put on my 84 ez gas cart for more speed

The HEI mod is not necessarily going to increase your speed. The main reason for performing this mod is to avoid the high cost of replacing the ignitor which is $100+. If you want to increase your speed you need to increase the gear ratio and the easiest way to do this is to run bigger tires.
The shorter belt for your cart is the DAYCO HP3004 however you should be warned that some people have found that with a tired driven clutch the belt will cause it to open too far and hit the rivets in the center.
There is no magic bullet solution to increasing the speed of your cart other than ensuring the engine is as good as it can be. The compression needs to be 120+ psi, the crankshaft seals need to be sound and the carburetor needs to be clean.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO