lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
Ramchargin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Anyone know of a custom rev limiter?

Did a search and couldnt turn anything up..
Anyone know of a custom rev limiter or if a MSD box with rev chips would work? My cart gets real sweet just before the limiter, I would love to just bump the limit up a bit because I read 21mph (on GPS) just before she bumps off of it. I dont need a crazy fast cart but 20ish feels real nice.
Ramchargin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone know of a custom rev limiter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramchargin View Post
Did a search and couldnt turn anything up..
Anyone know of a custom rev limiter or if a MSD box with rev chips would work? My cart gets real sweet just before the limiter, I would love to just bump the limit up a bit because I read 21mph (on GPS) just before she bumps off of it. I dont need a crazy fast cart but 20ish feels real nice.
Well some folks don't recommend it but I just took the ground wire off of the limiter on my cart and adjusted the governor so she runs right at 4,000 rpm flat out. I don't often hit that but it's there for short bursts if I need it. I use mine mostly on the golf course so there aren't many places where I can get past 2500 for any length of time. I also installed a tach to keep an eye on things.
Mine will go approx 30 mph @ 4000 rpm but 20 - 25 mph is plenty fast enough given the steering and braking capabilities.
There is a section in the stickies that explains it all.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Ramchargin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I went straight to the full out mod where the gov arm is loose but I left the limiter on. You must be referring to the first part talking about zip ties and all? Ill have to check that out.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I can't remember where I saw it, (my manuals or CC.com)
But, there were different limits for different CC carts... that maybe something you might want to look into!

Or... get a mini-tach!

I, however, have done the same as Chris... I don't have a tach, but, I DO have a finely tuned ear!
(until I go deaf from listening to all of the rock music that I listen to!)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
Ramchargin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
(until I go deaf from listening to all of the rock music that I listen to!)

I am getting a tach but it'll be a pain to watch it the whole time driving. I guess I'll try and rig it like you guys have
Old 07-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
roscoe21
Not Yet Wild

Sooo is that the same as not having a limiter?
roscoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe21 View Post
Sooo is that the same as not having a limiter?
nooo! the rev limioter hits aound 3600 rpm and electric shuts the spark off, lor techn cuts the pwr off to the coil that produces the spark. the mini tach or any tach all it does is read how many rpms the engine is running, little bit better then locks ear! and ussually pretty accurate too!
so if yuou disconnect your rev limiter(which by the way bgw does not in corage do to it being a saftey device, and bgw told you not to do it, and if you do it you do it at your own rick of killing something or your engine) youur engine will run faster then the 3600 rpm, and your valve will float around 4000 rpm and then they may hae the samsh bang effect when the piston is up and the valave are down cause you over sped your engine!
wth that said i hope it helps!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Here... let me try to translate what ckiguy said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
Nooo! the rev limiter hits around 3600 rpm and limiter shuts the spark off, the ignition cuts the power off to the coil that produces the spark.
the mini tach or any tach... all they do is read how many rpms the engine is running, a little bit better then locks ear!
and is usually pretty accurate too!

So, if you disconnect your rev limiter, your engine will run faster then the 3600 rpm, and your valves will float around 4000 rpm,
and then they may have the same bang effect when the piston is up and the valves are down because, you over revved your engine!
(which by the way BGW does not encourage do to it being a safety device, and BGW told you not to do it,
and if you do it, you do it at your own risk of killing something, or your engine
)

with that said... I hope it helps!
and I agree with everything ck said... (now that I understand it!!!)

(Just a joke ck! how long have I been razzing you now? you really need to start using "spell check" my friend! )
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Here... let me try to translate what ckiguy said:

and I agree with everything ck said... (now that I understand it!!!)

(Just a joke ck! how long have I been razzing you now? you really need to start using "spell check" my friend! )
It took me a while but luckily my good friend Tokichi Yamamoto was in from Japan and helped me with the translation.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #10
Buickguy
Getting Wild

Club Car

Still, it would be neat to have a limiter that kicks in at 3850 to 3900 rpm.
Buickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car