lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Default Half Windsheild for a G8?

Anyone see any half wind sheilds that will fit a g8. Being electric I want to keep weight to a minimum but all the Half windshields I see are for like G14s or better. Will these fit a G8? anyone try?

Ron
citrix_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Half Windsheild for a G8?

The G8 has a frame almost identical to a G14. I believe the front portion is identical.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:38 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Never tried but I bet it can be modified to fit.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post
The G8 has a frame almost identical to a G14. I believe the front portion is identical.

Really so is the front end body (not even frame just the fiberglass) the same basic dimensions and shape? I dont have two to compare, but I can deal with frame stuff and welding and cutting underneath if the body is the same where it meets the dash.

On that topic are the G8 and G14 dashes inter-changable?

Thanks guys!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #5
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by citrix_guy View Post
Really so is the front end body (not even frame just the fiberglass) the same basic dimensions and shape? I dont have two to compare, but I can deal with frame stuff and welding and cutting underneath if the body is the same where it meets the dash.

On that topic are the G8 and G14 dashes inter-changable?

Thanks guys!
They share the same chassis all together with the exception of the fact that the G14 has the new style rear end paired with the 285cc engine... in some cases.

You shouldn't need to do any cutting or welding on the frame. The G8 body is no longer manufactured. The body listed as an OEM replacement for it is the G14-G22 body. It will mount up the same way to the dash and to the support on the front. The G8 dash has the same dimensions as the G14-G22, but it is of a different style. The G14 dash went all the way to the G22.

The two differences in the frames that I can think of right now is that the seat back supports mounted differently on the G16+ than they did on the G8-G14. The front bumper mount may be different, also. I think that most of the main frame structure went largely unchanged from the G8 to the G22. The G22 did, however, have a completely different front suspension than the preceding models. It also had a new steering box.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #6
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Very cool. That allows for a lot mods that I didnt think would be available.. Thanks

Last edited by citrix_guy; 11-02-2007 at 08:50 AM..
Old 11-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #7
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

the half windsheild for the g14/g16 is a little differant then the g8 because the windsheild mounts were the 2 supports mount for the top go. i think the g8 mounts was narrower then the g16. when i bought a half windsheild for a g8 that i had i went with a club car one. i just drilled 4 holes in the cowl and it was done
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha