lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Jeff E
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default new kawasaki motor

Has anyone adjusted the valves on the new 13hp kawasaki engine? It said in the owners manual to adjust them yearly. I was just wondering how hard or aggervating it will be. It won't be long before mine will need checked or adjusted. Love the engine nearly a year old plenty of power will take off on any hill. Clearing woods the other day and was pulling logs I was supprised by the engine. I figured it would bog down but I was wrong, it would either pull them or just sit and spin till you let off. I would like to have alittle more speed going up hills but don't want to mess with the governer yet since still under warranty.
Jeff E is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: new kawasaki motor

you want to go faster pulling logs uphill. don't we all.

check your throttle on the carb and make sure it's going WOT. (wide open throttle) a simple cable adjustment should get it where it will.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I am surprised to hear that engine has solid lifters as Kawasaki went to hydraulic lifters on the 350 and 400 about 10 yrs ago.... no adjustment on them?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Solid cam/lifters = More agressive cam profile = more power

A turn or two on the governor won't hurt anything. I adjusted mine to run a steady 28 MPH 2 hours after it was home.
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO