lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2016, 10:41 PM   #1
ETChamp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2016 Valor pedal travel

Purchased a 2016 Valor last month and the throttle pedal I feel needs adjusted.
Depressing the pedal slightly will engage the starter as I assume it should. You have to push it almost 3/4 travel for the cart to accelerate leaving the last 1/4 of travel to use. The cart will still accelerate up to 20 mph and runs well except its all at the end of the throttle stroke.

Can this be adjusted out?

It is somewhat uncomfortable as your heal is held up off the floor and cannot rest.
ETChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2020, 01:55 AM   #2
gchamp22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 Valor pedal travel

I have a 2021 EFI Valor and looking for the same info
gchamp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:42 AM   #3
Yoman68
Not Yet Wild

Funny, I have a 2020 Valor EFI with the same issue. There are times when you press the accelerator and it take right off, and there are other time you press the accelerator and it does not move right away, although it wants too and sounds like it but no movement.

Further more, I feel like this happens when I back up, then switch to Forward, press the accelerator and nothing... If you are on an incline, you have to keep one foot on the break so you do not roll backwards.

Just to note, this happens from time to time regardless if the cart is cold or warm.
Yoman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:51 PM   #4
therealrsr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Following as I have the same questions on a 2021 EX1 valor
therealrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:16 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Throttle cables are set REALLY loose to keep the carts at the 11 or 12 mph expected on a golf course. Remember, thay are golf carts, right? Tighten up some of the free play and your cart will come alive. There is adjustment at both front and rear end of the cable housing.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:15 PM   #6
Yoman68
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Throttle cables are set REALLY loose to keep the carts at the 11 or 12 mph expected on a golf course. Remember, thay are golf carts, right? Tighten up some of the free play and your cart will come alive. There is adjustment at both front and rear end of the cable housing.
Speed is NOT the issue. The issue is when you press the accelerator, the motor tries to engage; sometimes the cart takes right off, and other times when pressing the pedal the started kicks in but the cart does not move. I have to press the pedal down and up a couple of times before the motor comes to life and the cart moves. And when the engine engages, that cart flies close to 20 MPH.

Part of me feel like this is a result of EFI vs. a carburetor. It's frustrating because the cart is at a campground and there is not dealer near by. I had no problems wrenching and trouble shooting y '92 Marathon, however with the new 2020 Valor EFI, I don't want to start randomly making adjustments.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:02 PM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

You may misunderstand what I'm saying about the throttle cable. From the factory there is a LOT of slack in the cable. You start pushing on the pedal and the pedal micro switch turns on the starter almost right away. But the throttle plate doesn't open till the slack in the cable is taken up. Once that slack is taken up, usually at about 1/2 the available pedal travel, the the throttle plate (butterfly) starts to open an allows air & fuel into the cylinder. Only at that point does the engine start to run. Up until then the engine is just turning over on the starter. Sometimes there is so much slack that the cable will catch on the end of the ferule at the pedal end of the cable, and randomly catch earlier in the pedal travel. Kind of hard to explain. I'll see if I can get a picture or two tomorrow to show what I mean.

Last edited by meimk; 04-20-2021 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: more info
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #8
Yoman68
Not Yet Wild

Intermittent problem solved! Quick update, the problem I described became progressively worse to the point where the cart stopped running altogether. Ended up taking the cart to a certified EZGO dealer for trouble shooting.

Turns out, I had a bad fuel injector relay as well a a loose wire on the injector. Parts an labor, $95. Good thing is, now I know what to look for if the problem starts to happen again.

Thanks all for input.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO