lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2021, 09:01 AM   #141
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO Workhorse / Jacobsen Build

I would like to find a hydraulic assist cylinder for the dump bed. Has anyone ever done this? The kind of cylinder that lifts hoods and hatchbacks.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2021, 09:35 AM   #142
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Here is an old post but still an option https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=10047

They are proud of those things
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:25 AM   #143
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Here is an old post but still an option https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=10047

They are proud of those things
I've seen the electric actuators. What I was thinking was a hydraulic lift cylinder like from a truck/hatchback.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:50 AM   #144
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Here is the diagram for the stock manual one. https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-ca...938%7c%7eW-2/y

I have heard of people using something like a boat tilt and trim.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:58 AM   #145
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Here is the diagram for the stock manual one. https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-ca...938%7c%7eW-2/y

I have heard of people using something like a boat tilt and trim.
Oh I didn't even think of looking there. No idea it was a stock option. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2021, 08:28 AM   #146
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

So I'm getting ready to install the top on this cart. I have a factory front roof strut, no problem there. I am going to attempt to fabricate the rear roof struts.

Any ideas?

Any photos of your actual workhorse rear roof struts would be helpful, particularly how they attach under the seat.

I see there is a mount under there. My thought was to fabricate a flat plate to bolt to that, then make two risers out of 1" steel square tubing, welded to that plate. That will get me to above the seat level. I was thinking aluminum from there up, since it's easy to bend and shape. I can get 1" square aluminum tubing at Home Depot. I think I'll just make that aluminum piece bolt onto the steel somehow.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:44 AM   #147
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Another thought I had was to use another front roof strut and section it out for the top portion, then connect that to the lower section that I fabricate.

The only reason I'm attempting to fabricate this is because as I look up the parts from Country Cat, only one side of rear struts is available. Not sure why. And it's $75. If the other side was available, I might consider it, but that's $150 for some steel tubing. Thinking I can make something without much fabrication time.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:24 AM   #148
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Go for it. I just got a quote today for a starter motor for a John deere machine at 1250 UK pounds, found one elsewhere for a car with the exact same denso part number for just 150.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:42 AM   #149
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Slo here is a picture of the side of one mine. The strut looks like the tube going up above the seat bottom and below that goes almost straight down then forward to bolt to the frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2102FFCA-642F-476E-AF5B-C8BA04EA57D3.jpeg (161.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-21-2021, 05:16 PM   #150
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, here is a photo of how it attaches. There are differences between the TXT and RXV roofs, so if you pick up a roof and get real struts some where, make sure the mounting holes in the roof are front to back, not side to side. I had to cut my struts and re-weld them 90 degree turned to match my RXV roof. I found a rural carts parts seller that had a contact with a local rebuilder who had a take off set of struts that I picked up for $90. Got lucky...but scrubbing market place and craigslist type places for cart part sellers, tires, roofs, etc., and ask if they know of anyone with the struts stored on a shelf.

If you have access to 1" square tube, it would be very easy to cut, and much cheaper to cut and weld the tube to shape from the bottom frame up through the body hole, and up to the roof. I would have gone that way, but came across this set of struts.
20210421_180349.jpg

20210421_180358.jpg

20210421_180404.jpg
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO