lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
mowerman
Not Yet Wild

Smile no gas

hello freinds and mechanics: i have a problem with a golfcart i purchased. it seems to not have any gas pumping to the carb. has a new fuel pump on it but crank case doesn`t seem to have any sucktion. it only has about 75 lbs. compression would this be a factor? thanks
mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: no gas

welcome to BGW 75 is a little low is this a 2 stroke motor? what year is your cart? and ill try to help
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
mowerman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpounder View Post
welcome to BGW 75 is a little low is this a 2 stroke motor? what year is your cart? and ill try to help
well not for sure but i would say in the early to mid 80`s. it is a two stroke. i was reading some of the other chat`s and do you think i ought to try a electric pump.???
Old 11-20-2007, 07:04 AM   #4
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

If your compression is only 75 lbs I would look into maybe a rebuild kit for the motor. Just getting a electric fuel pump will solve the issue of not getting gas but I don't know that 75 lbs of compression is going to get the motor to run...
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:49 AM   #5
mowerman
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: no gas

ok i think thats what i will do rather than waste money on a fuel pump. do recomend any parts dealers ??? we don`t have a yamaha dealer to close. and thanks very much for your help. mowerman.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:14 AM   #6
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

You can get with Tungpo1 (East Coast Custom Carts)on here for starts. I'm sure that he can get you anything that you would need. If not he could turn you on to someone that could.
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #7
mowerman
Not Yet Wild

mphillip thank you for your help and i`ll try to find parts today.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
hello freinds and mechanics: i have a problem with a golfcart i purchased. it seems to not have any gas pumping to the carb. has a new fuel pump on it but crank case doesn`t seem to have any sucktion. it only has about 75 lbs. compression would this be a factor? thanks
When you took a compression test were you shure the trottle was at wide open and the engine was cranking over fast ? 2 cycles need "ring" compression and "crankcase pressure" to "drive the fuel pump and "suck" the fuel/gas thru the carb/reeds/cylinder and piston ports. If the engine sounds "rattaly" rebuild the whole engine. If just change out the rings or top end make shure you change the crank seals also. Every year of Yamaha (except 1982 j17 serial#) would have about 120 lbs new and would need 100 lbs to really run well at all. (1982 was 105 lbs and 90 minimum). Good luck on your project. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #9
mowerman
Not Yet Wild

hello smallblock; i just tried another compresion test and it is at 110 lbs. but that isn`t with the throttle wide open. it spins over fast enough i think.if you pull the suction tube off there is no crankcase pressure whatsoever. give me a place to start, what do you think i should try? thanks darrell
Old 11-24-2007, 12:01 PM   #10
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
hello smallblock; i just tried another compresion test and it is at 110 lbs. but that isn`t with the throttle wide open. it spins over fast enough i think.if you pull the suction tube off there is no crankcase pressure whatsoever. give me a place to start, what do you think i should try? thanks darrell
Darrell.....Sorry took so long for a reply, guess I missed your last post. Try compression test at WOT! 110 lbs the engine should be able to run. No crankase pressure ? Is the hose you checked the small one out of the back of the block that goes to the fuel pump ? It will only be "pulses" of air. Does it help if you "choke" it ? Check for "oil/dirt/grease" around the engine block were the oil pump gear drive hosing mounts-could tell you the crank seal is bad. You would have to take the plastic fan shroud and flywheel off to see if the passanger side crank seal is bad. (I have felt under the fan shroud and felt oil/grease/dirt and new that crank seal was bad) Let us know what you find. I'll try to awnser in a more timly maner. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha