lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: My Plowman's Performance Kit versus My VC 460

My 94c is a 7.25 diameter, I would guess the max diameter dictates top ratio mostly. I forget what stock is, it was close to this I know. Vegas says the 780 is 7.375" diameter others say 7.25, comet says 7.25. IIRC the 1190 was full 8" but can't find it. It does say .68 overdrive for the 1190.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2017, 11:15 PM   #22
1992G8
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
My final thought here is most people are putting in engine swaps because the original engine has failed completely or needs a costly rebuild.
That's not what happened in my case. I, like many others, set out to get a fast golf cart. I didn't know about Plowman's until AFTER I went down the clone route. Knowing what I know now, i would never do that again. This thread is intended to keep somebody else from making the same mistake I made. Which leads me back to the point of my original post....

If you want a fast golf cart, and you don't want to make it your life's work, and you want it now (not 20 hours of engine time from now), and you don't want to have to engineer parts of it, and you want it to be quiet, call Don.
1992G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:25 PM   #23
1992G8
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
but never think a modded cart engine is going to put out HP like the 460 does.
Obviously.

The point of my original post is not to try to convince Clone / Big Block fans that Plowman's Performance Kit can do what my VC460 can do, because obviously it can't. i fully understand I could make changes to my Clone G8 to see performance increases, but that's not the point.

The point is, I wouldn't waste any more time for marginal performance gains when the Plowman's stuff works so great right out of the box!
Old 09-18-2017, 11:29 PM   #24
1992G8
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoal82 View Post
Can I ask what cart he told you to find?
2012 or newer NON EFI
Old 09-19-2017, 05:41 AM   #25
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:04 AM   #26
Dragcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I agree with the OP. Don Plowman's mods are top notch. I have about 2 hours total time (order,intall,adjust) and I gps 32 (31 on return same road) on 18" tires. Now on 20". Except for the first 10' of acceleration, quiet as stock. Guestimate 27 mph in 60'.

Question. How well does either cart push/pull your racecar?

When I talked to Don, told him the carts purpose is to tow a 2500-3200 racecar. He replied I'll get you that and 30 mph. I got the speed but haven't towed yet. Planned on going to Norwalk this past weekend but didn't.

No lift for us racers, they don't fit in the trailer.

I want to work on the racecar not the support vehicles. Different needs, different solutions.

2010 Yamaha Drive.

We mostly run 1/8 but have been 220 in the 1/4 in someone else's car we were hired to run. Twin turbo - Liberty 5 speed and a 500 ci Nitrous - Liberty 5 speed. Its been so long since we've run the 1/4 in our car I have forgotten the ET/MPH. 209 seems to ring a bell.
Dragcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:42 AM   #27
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Vegascarts was born due to a group of drag racers looking for better golf carts for their drag racing cars.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:53 AM   #28
1992G8
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragcart View Post
Question. How well does either cart push/pull your racecar?
It's perfect. Plenty of torque, plus 31 MPH to go get ice cream. It works exactly like Don said it would.

Quote:
No lift for us racers, they don't fit in the trailer
Bingo. Mine is in a loft in the stacker that is 54" floor to ceiling

Quote:
I want to work on the racecar not the support vehicles.
This. I get guys want to spend their time tinkering with their carts. Trying this, trying that. Change this, change that. That's cool, if that's what somebody wants. But, if you want to bolt some stuff on and go floor it, and be happy with a smooth, quiet, fast, easy, inexpensive solution, the Plowman's stuff simply can not be beat.

Quote:
Twin turbo - Liberty 5 speed and a 500 ci Nitrous - Liberty 5 speed.
One of the reasons I enjoy the Shakedown race is the diversity of cars/combos, like yours.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:11 AM   #29
1992G8
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Vegascarts was born due to a group of drag racers looking for better golf carts for their drag racing cars.
Yep. It's a solution to getting a faster cart.

It's just not the best solution for a drag racing tow vehicle. Here's why:

1. They have not completely figured out all of the engineering intricacies of each cart. That's why there are threads about broken engine plates, and broken s/g brackets, etc.. Last year, I was parked next to a racer from Arizona. Had two carts, one was a CC with a VC460. It was parked for the weekend. Know why? Broke some stuff he didn't plan on breaking and nothing to fix it.

2. Some times the carb overflows and you need a return line. Plenty of threads on that too.

3. If you don't lift the cart, which many of us cannot do, getting a decent sized muffler under there takes an engineering marvel.

4. They're loud, not just the exhaust, but the comet clutch is loud as ****. You started one of the best threads on this board regarding clone exhaust.

5. The entire set up is not cheap.

6. You have to wait 20 hours of engine time before you rev it over 4,000. That is an eternity for those of us that use these things for short trips at the race track.

7. Trying to get a tachometer to work on the engine (which they have recently addressed) Plenty of threads on that too.

Now, how many threads are there regarding Plowman's stuff that involve:

1. Figuring out some engineering aspect of his set-up?

2. Whether or not you need a return line?

3. How to fit a car muffler under the cart?

4. How loud the Plowman's stuff is?

5. How expensive Plowman's is?

6. How it sucks that you spend all this money for a faster golf cart at Plowman's then you have to wait a year till you get 20 hours on it and you can actually run it wide-open?

7. How it sucks trying to get a tach to work on the engine? Oh, that's right, no tach necessary.

You know how many threads like that there are for Plowman's stuff? Zero. Nada. Zilch.

And all of this coming from a satisfied Vegas Carts customer. It does exactly what they said it would do. So does my Plowman's stuff.

Last edited by 1992G8; 09-19-2017 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: Forgot about the difficulty in getting a tach to work
Old 09-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #30
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992G8 View Post

This. I get guys want to spend their time tinkering with their carts. Trying this, trying that. Change this, change that. That's cool, if that's what somebody wants. But, if you want to bolt some stuff on and go floor it, and be happy with a smooth, quiet, fast, easy, inexpensive solution, the Plowman's stuff simply can not be beat.

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
performance, plowman, plowman's
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha