lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
FunInFL
Not Yet Wild

Talking Prospective Purchase: Custom UF/UGA EZGO

Hi everyone! First time poster because I am a prospective first time owner! We have always thought it would be great to own a golf cart but without a pressing need for one, just never looked into it much. A tip from a friend led us to a custom EZGO cart for sale and I am hoping the wisdom of everyone on the site will help me know if I am headed in the right direction.

I know absolutely NOTHING about golf carts and that's why I need you :) My husband is a die hard UGA fan and I love my Gators! A friend told us someone a few hours away was selling a custom UF/UGA golf cart so naturally I was interested immediately. I have attached pictures.

The seller is actually selling it for his sister. Her husband bought it, and he passed away recently. Seller says it is a few years old, in great condition, batteries are only 6 months old and comes with a charger. Problem is, he can't tell me what model, what year, and can't find me the serial number since it's custom. He's a very polite southern gentleman just not much of a salesman! From the little research I have done online, my guess is an EZGO TXT 2008-2013ish.

We are considering paying $3,000.00 for this. Can anyone tell me if it's a reasonable deal, or can anyone tell from the pictures if I am right about the model and/or year?

Thank you so much!! I have already had fun browsing through all the other posts before I decided to join.

-C
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart.jpg (212.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 2.jpg (68.7 KB, 0 views)
FunInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Prospective Purchase: Custom UF/UGA EZGO

first divorce your husband ... darn Bulldawg fan ...

ok as for the cart it looks very good, 2008 up is correct ....$3000 with all the stuff i see .. oh hell yea !!!!
wheels, tires ,radio ,turn signals , flip rear seat w/ diamond , plate diamond plate floor, coustum steer wheel , and wood grain dash
one bad thing i see is a ezgo delta Q charger .. they work ok but i have never had one that lasts ... it is not something that would stop me from buying that cart

BTW to BGW

IM UP IN Z-HILLS

Last edited by crash test dummy; 08-11-2015 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: forgot the NOT ...LOL
Old 08-11-2015, 07:54 PM   #3
crash test dummy

OH its a 36v cart
Old 08-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree. Worth the money. If you get it come back and post more pictures. Also ask the community about how to maintain the batteries.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
FunInFL
Not Yet Wild

Crash test dummy: thank you! We're in Land O Lakes so I know right where Zephyrhills is. As for my hubby... He's a catch if you can get past that whole barking thing. Thanks for the advice! We told the guy that we would buy it and he has agreed to keep it for us to pick up this weekend. Any tips on trailer size? Thinking 5x9' trailer would get the job done.

Kernal: thanks for replying!! I will definitely post more pictures once I get it and see it in person. I've had a friend go check it out to make sure it's legitimate. She and her husband said they would buy it if they weren't FSU fans!!
FunInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:06 PM   #6
1970buick
Gone Wild

I can tell you that you wouldn't be able to build that cart for $3K. It seems like it suits you to a T and those custom matching seat covers are sweet.
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:48 AM   #7
crash test dummy

5' x 9 ' will work .. drive in forward and keep windshield on .. folded is better
lock parking brake , strap it down
now the most important thing ... take the key out , trust me it can disappear
Old 08-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Thats alot of cart for $3k, snatch it up quick. Heck, i would say you could flip it for $1500 more than that to another fan if its all they say it is.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:49 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Check for posts on towing a buggy. I've never done it, but I think I've seen some folks flip down or remove the windshield. May want to secure the seat. Also see if most folks tow it facing forward or reverse.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collegiate, custom, electric, ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO