lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
gncroft
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 EZGO question

Hello all, newbie here to the forum. A brief description of my cart I just purchased is: 2012 EZGO TXT 48v, Dec. 2014 Trojan batteries, Jakes 6" lift, 23" AT tires, and rear seat kit. Currently per gps app on phone my top speed is 16 mph with myself, my wife, and my 3 kids (approx 575 lbs total) on it. Speed wise I am ok with for now (my kids are younger, and I feel this is a safe speed for us). Torque wise is not terrible either, but was wondering if anything simple could be done to add a little more without loosing the speed I currently have. I am extremely happy with my purchase and performance it has, but more torque wouldnt hurt I am not looking to replace the controller at this moment. Thanks in advance!!!! PS; this is my 3rd cart, but my other 2 were old EZGOs. Oh, I live in flat Florida and sugar sand is the worst terrain it will see........... For awhile
gncroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2016, 08:20 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 EZGO question

The cart is designed for 18" tall tires and has 23" tall tires on it, so you have 22% less torque than a stock Fleet TXT-48V.

Put shorter tires on it to recover the lost torque and have the controller programmed to allow a higher motor RPM to retain the same speed. (At 16 MPH on 23" tires, it is only turning 2908RPM. which is 12.5 MPH on 18" tires.)

Otherwise, you can replace the stock 250A controller with a higher ampacity controller to allow the stock motor to draw more amps and produce more low end torque.

Or, you could replace the stock motor with a more robust one, but feeding a more robust motor with a 250A controller is somewhat akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Last edited by JohnnieB; 02-08-2016 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: added info
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Florida sugar sand is as hard to negotiate as the mountains of Appalachia for a stock motor golf cart. Use XCT400PDS control and select the top speed you want. 42v operation is best if the sand can not be avoided.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

He's already at 48V.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO