lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2016, 10:08 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What customers do to our fleet carts

That first pic is looks like some CTD work right there.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2016, 10:12 PM   #12
crash test dummy

Old 08-21-2016, 11:34 PM   #13
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Holy Cow!!

Ive never seen one jam up through the wheel well area....looks like it rode the other tire to get in there. I've only seen a couple "lake bound" carts in my early career so far poor TXTs.......probably cracked open the weather case to the controller too lol..

steve

Last edited by yamahaguy97; 08-21-2016 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: addition
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:14 PM   #14
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am going to love this thread, gonna start looking through my old pics of mishaps on the course I live on I have a bunch of bonehead maneuver pics I have taken over the years. One thing I have noticed is that fleet carts are inexplicably attracted to the water hazards on the course.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's the magnetic water device and I notice they are top heavy too. It's difficult to keep them upright.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

A long, long time ago......in a galaxy far, far away.....or back in the days when I worked for a living.....before this stupid disease slowly took away my ability to work and function as a normal (and remember........"normal" is always a moving target) person. I use to get invited to business golf outings at least half a dozen times a year.

Now, these courses I played on were some very pristine ones. The only "local" course I never had a chance to play on was Oakmont CC. (Yes, the Oakmont where the 2016 US Open was held). But I've played on some very nice courses.

So....as this story goes, the event was a noon "shotgun" start and out foursome began somewhere well away from the clubhouse. So, we teed off and I drove up to the first green and set the parking brake. We (me and my playing partner....and I don't even recall now who that was) got out of the cart to get our putters and just as I took a step back I hear "whump" or the distinct sound of the parking brake of the cart disengage. Hmmm. Ok, I must not have properly "stomped" on it to set it. Well, we were on a flat so....no big deal, I just stepped on it again and it set.

Second green and I set it and "whump" off it goes again. Hmmmm......I set it again, and pause and it holds. I get out....grab my putter....begin walking towards the green....and I'm about 4 steps or so away and "whump" off goes the brake. Hmmmm. Well, again, it was on a slight uphill, but the steering was turned correctly (by accident) and the cart rolled back a bit and just stopped.

Third green, up to the green...NOW, this green was elevated and on a rather steep downhill to the next tee. (This is SW Pa., and we have HILLS that other places would consider mountains.) So, I set the brake. I MAKE SURE I set the brake. I get out, grab my putter and I walk up to the green. I'm standing at the edge of the green....about 20 feet from the cart....and....yup....."whump"!!! The brake lets go and now the cart begins it's free downhill run. I at first begins to run after it....but realize there is no way I can catch it. Said cart is headed towards the next tee and there are people there. So....I yell.....no scream to look out. But they can't hear me because of the wind, trees, or whatever. And the cart is zipping down towards the tee.....but luckily the cart hits some tree roots and veers off course a bit.....and directly towards a giant oak tree that had to be 100 years old. This oak tree had to be 20 feet in diameter!!! SLAM!!!! The cart smashed into the tree with such a force that it drove the drivers side tire all the way back into the floorboard!! Pretty much like the pic in the first post.

Now, I get a ride back to the cart shed and tell the maintenance guys I need a new cart and my cart is smashed into one of their oak trees. The guy say's to me..."Why didn't you bring it back when you first had the problem?" I said...."I didn't know I was your cart test pilot. I assumed all of your carts worked properly and I just didn't set the brake right. I guess I was wrong about that. BTW....who maintains this anyway? Maybe you should look real close at his work?"

Nothing was said after that.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:33 PM   #17
MichaelClayshulte
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Another foot to the right, it is 10 feet down into the marsh..took a backhoe to lift out of the grass it was stuck in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13178934_10209726209700748_407157278321253999_n.jpg (123.4 KB, 0 views)
MichaelClayshulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:20 PM   #18
crash test dummy

i think it is a bridge thing

Old 08-22-2016, 09:32 PM   #19
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
i think it is a bridge thing

lol wow, poor DS
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:01 AM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
lol wow, poor DS
What you likely don't see are the beer's that have have sank into the water. Those would be the half-empty ones. The empties have floated away by the time the camera got there.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO