lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2016, 11:30 PM   #1
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 6volt battery pricing.

Guys the custom 36 volt ez go txt I did back of this now needs new batteries(don't ask but it was not on a charger for two months after I dropped it off at my buddy's shop to sell)

Well I had stopped in recently to check on when I could get a rear seat for my club car ds when he told me the cart(ez go) wouldn't move(I thought just great) so I checked the state of charge meter and sure enough the pack was dead.

Now they won't hold a charge I can get them up to full charge but they drop back to half charge overnight.

Anyone know a good deal on them thanks.
general01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2016, 07:59 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 6volt battery pricing.

If you are selling it you may want to keep a check on CraigsList as a lot of times people will sell used packs that still have some life in them. This is particularly true when people upgrade from 36v to 48v and their 36v batts are still decent. You can call battery suppliers too to see if any of them have decent used packs.

New ones kinda are what they are. I believe Sams tends to have the best prices on those Energizer ones. Not sure on the quality but, again, if you are selling it not sure if you even care about it.
Lochlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:43 AM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

In the long run the best deals on batteries are found by biting the bullet and buying the best brand of batteries and taking care of them, Trojan and Crown batteries get top billings. If you simply can not afford the purchase price then look to NAPA or Interstates etc. Sometimes good deals can be found at the battery stores by way of a barely used set taken back in trade etc...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #4
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

it had a crown battery in it(the others was a different cheaper brand as i got them with the cart when i got it)
my local golf cart guy normally keeps trojan batteries so i will ask him and see what the pricing.(and if he can get crown batteries)
if it too pricy i will stop at my local napa and get a price on a set for it.

currently waiting on a replcement charger as while it was at my buddy's someone swapped my working charger for a bad one.(GRRR! i hate when people take stuff without asking) got it in my shop till i get batteries and a charger for it.(can't sell it till then)
Old 09-01-2016, 10:18 AM   #5
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by general01 View Post
it had a crown battery in it(the others was a different cheaper brand as i got them with the cart when i got it)
my local golf cart guy normally keeps trojan batteries so i will ask him and see what the pricing.(and if he can get crown batteries)
if it too pricy i will stop at my local napa and get a price on a set for it.

currently waiting on a replcement charger as while it was at my buddy's someone swapped my working charger for a bad one.(GRRR! i hate when people take stuff without asking) got it in my shop till i get batteries and a charger for it.(can't sell it till then)
FYI while Trojan and Crown are both neck in neck top shelf batteries if I had access to Trojan I'd buy them before the Crowns and I'm plum happy with my Crown batteries and DPI charger....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #6
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

It has only one crown battery in it.

I talked to the guy(as he works in golf cart sales) and he asked me to bring in one of the other batteries as they might be under a warranty.

Will know after his battery guy stops in and checks the battery out(was told I just need one to do a warranty claim)

If it was my personal cart I would get Trojan batteries in a heartbeat regardless of the cost.
He is also seeing about getting a replacement charger for me also for the cart so I can charge the batteries and properly break them in before I sell it.(someone had swapped my charger for a defective one (GRR!!)

Will post the battery brand tomorrow after I pull one.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #7
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Here is a pic of what batteries he can get.

These things are heavy!
I felt like I was going to drop a nut packing it out of my shop sheesh.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If I am not mistaken, that battery is comparable to a Trojan T605. Price point should be in the $90 range per battery and with proper care, those should last at least 4 years.

Looks like a 2014 battery so warranty would be out on it.

Weight should be around 60 lbs.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:44 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Something wrong with the place you left your cart to sell.

List the cart for sale by owner on CL - drop the price $700 for battery allowance.
Keep the old ones charged up to show it runs.
New owner can buy good batteries with allowance.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:27 PM   #10
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
If I am not mistaken, that battery is comparable to a Trojan T605. Price point should be in the $90 range per battery and with proper care, those should last at least 4 years.

Looks like a 2014 battery so warranty would be out on it.

Weight should be around 60 lbs.
I talked to the guy and he had a battery for me as one was bad to the point it wouldn't take a charge.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO