lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
Twizted1
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger Problem?

When I got my cart last week I charged it with no problem. Charged in about 3 hours. I havent used it a lot. But decided to charge it today just to keep it ready to go go. But when I plugged in the charger it didnt kick on. So I waiting a few min. Nothing. Unpluged it from the cart and plunged it back in. Then it would start charging and stop & start up and and stop. Here is a video. Is the charger going bad or something else? I can't see how it could be plugged in wrong. Any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5H2YSkkqtg
Twizted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #2
Twizted1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Charger Problem?

Well after this I posted this it started to bother me. So I walked down to the shop to plug it in again. Kicked on and is charging fine now..? Am I supposed to wait a certain time after use to charge? Or is something going bad and this is a warning?
Old 10-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Something may have been causing the relay to drop out, then it picks back up again, but usually the charger must be disconnected from the cart, then reconnected in order for the relay to pick up again. The circuit board should kick the relay off at 44-46 volts at the sensing wires. Possibly loose or dirty connections somewhere, but really not sure. Almost acting like a circuit breaker opening and closing. Good that it is working again. - RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 10-10-2016 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: clarify
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:57 AM   #4
Twizted1
Not Yet Wild

I have a few kind of dirty connections. I plan on cleaning them all and spraying them as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for the reply.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO