lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #1
slowfozzy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO (87) Electric Motor Insulating Washer?

While pulling the old cables off a project cart's motor, I managed to spin a couple of the copper posts. I don't think they spun enough to damage the internals, but while tightening the locking nuts back down I broke one of the insulating washers that goes between the nut and the motor. It kind of disintegrated on me.

The washers are dirty and seem to be ceramic or similar, some type of insulator anyway. I'm wondering if there is a part number or source for replacing these? My searches have turned up nothing. I can find a suitably-sized washer of some electrically insulating material, but would like to keep it as factory as possible.

Thanks.
slowfozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
slowfozzy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO (87) Electric Motor Insulating Washer?

Bump.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:32 AM   #3
slowfozzy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Bump.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:41 AM   #4
ewiggins7299
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The other day I replaced all of my cables. My insulating washer seemed to be a nylon type washer. If the dealer doesn't have them, I'm sure Lowe's or Home Depot have them in the nut and bolt area. Usually in the specialty hardware drawers. If not, I'm sure an auto parts store will have something.

I torqued my A1 a little hard and broke off the stud, but I removed enough bolts and washers to just get the nylon insulating washer, one lock washer, and a nut on with the cable.
ewiggins7299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO