lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2016, 12:10 PM   #31
snookwheel
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Dual Action Rear Springs

I installed a jakes 6" double a arm lift on my DS and put the dual action springs on the rear, the rear really needs to be around an inch higher. Would swapping my rear shackles for the XRT shackles give me an inch? I am guessing that normal HD springs would have put me at the right height, but I wanted a nice ride.

Thanks!
snookwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #32
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Longer shackles will give you height, but remember you'll only get half the additional length in height. So if you want an inch more ride height you'll need 2 inch longer shackles in the back.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:33 PM   #33
snookwheel
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, that makes sense! Do you know how much longer the XRT shackles are vs the stock DS shackles?
Old 12-23-2016, 02:09 PM   #34
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would like to go the other way, lower back end. Is here a cure for that with dual action springs?
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #35
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
I would like to go the other way, lower back end. Is here a cure for that with dual action springs?
Just wait a little while, they will sag with being used.
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 03:26 PM   #36
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
I recommend that you look at factory single leaf springs used on the Villager 4 with rear seat.

103742306 Asm, Rear Leaf Spring, Prec, 4-Passenger.

They will solve your ride height problem. However, if you are looking for lower than stock ride height, these will not provide that.

Last edited by 1sharphook; 12-23-2016 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: clarity
Old 01-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #37
snookwheel
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: update: Dual Action Rear Springs

An update to my earlier post in this thread:

I Have a Jakes 6" double A arm lift on my 2003 DS and added Dual action rear springs to the rear.

The rear sat a bit lower than I liked, I needed a solution other than just HD springs. I bought a set of CarryAll /Xrt rear shackles and that pretty much fixed the rear height problem.

However, after adding the longer rear shackles, I noticed a good bit more 'sway' at speed with a good bit of weight' in the rear seat. This evening, I drilled holes in the shackles, added 3/8 grade 8 bolts midway through the shackles (using 1/2 steel tube spacers cut to fit between the shackles), and now the ride is MUCH more stable!

BTW, bought the tubing for the spacers at lowes and just cut it to length.

I will be adding new Monroe shocks to the rear this weekend, should be a dream to scoot around the hood! Just wanted to share a cheap easy way to level the cart and minimize sway! Great forum, learned much here! Thanks, guys! Scott
Old 01-05-2017, 02:10 PM   #38
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016CTD View Post
Just wait a little while, they will sag with being used.
You are correct sir, the ride height is just about right now that the springs have self adjusted to a lower height. I did not wan to create a "LOW RIDER", just wanted the cart to be closer to level with my 3 1/2 " lift.

Thanks
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:30 PM   #39
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: update: Dual Action Rear Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookwheel View Post
An update to my earlier post in this thread:

I Have a Jakes 6" double A arm lift on my 2003 DS and added Dual action rear springs to the rear.

The rear sat a bit lower than I liked, I needed a solution other than just HD springs. I bought a set of CarryAll /Xrt rear shackles and that pretty much fixed the rear height problem.

However, after adding the longer rear shackles, I noticed a good bit more 'sway' at speed with a good bit of weight' in the rear seat. This evening, I drilled holes in the shackles, added 3/8 grade 8 bolts midway through the shackles (using 1/2 steel tube spacers cut to fit between the shackles), and now the ride is MUCH more stable!

BTW, bought the tubing for the spacers at lowes and just cut it to length.

I will be adding new Monroe shocks to the rear this weekend, should be a dream to scoot around the hood! Just wanted to share a cheap easy way to level the cart and minimize sway! Great forum, learned much here! Thanks, guys! Scott
Thanks for the tip. I was just gonna weld in a little piece of channel between the shackles but your way works too.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car