lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2017, 08:55 PM   #1
datmau5
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT PDS 5 mph top speed

Hi guys, I just picked up my first cart since I moved to a golf cart friendly neighborhood. I bought a used 2006 EZGO TXT. I got it from my bro-in-law's work. They said a little over a year ago (prob more like 2) they changed the batteries, then a few weeks later the cart started running really slow. So they parked it and never used it again. When I got it all of the batteries were in good condition, just completely drained. so I charged them individually then put the powerwise charger on it and let it charge overnight. The next morning I jumped on it to test it out, and yep it only goes about 5mph top speed and when I stop or slow down to almost a stop the cart beeps until it is fully stopped. I put it in diagnostic mode and got a welded solenoid code. Changed the solenoid, but this did not fix the problem and I still get the code. I've searched the forums, but wasn't able to find anyone having this exact problem. Anyone have any idea of what could be wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
datmau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT PDS 5 mph top speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by datmau5 View Post
Hi guys, I just picked up my first cart since I moved to a golf cart friendly neighborhood. I bought a used 2006 EZGO TXT. I got it from my bro-in-law's work. They said a little over a year ago (prob more like 2) they changed the batteries, then a few weeks later the cart started running really slow. So they parked it and never used it again. When I got it all of the batteries were in good condition, just completely drained. so I charged them individually then put the powerwise charger on it and let it charge overnight. The next morning I jumped on it to test it out, and yep it only goes about 5mph top speed and when I stop or slow down to almost a stop the cart beeps until it is fully stopped. I put it in diagnostic mode and got a welded solenoid code. Changed the solenoid, but this did not fix the problem and I still get the code. I've searched the forums, but wasn't able to find anyone having this exact problem. Anyone have any idea of what could be wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
What's battery pack voltage after 12 hrs rest following a full charge?
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:14 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

"fully dead" and "good condition" don't work in the same sentence for lead acid batteries. They "were" in good condition, but now are damaged goods. Do a couple "back-to-back" charges (fully charge, Unplug charger, plug charger in again). Then do individual voltage readings on each battery & report back.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:37 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Agreed with any wet cell battery left to sit (self-discharge for a year or two ) is history. It may charge up a bit but it will have lost it's ability to store amperage.
I suspect the speed magnet failed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #5
datmau5
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradconrad View Post
What's battery pack voltage after 12 hrs rest following a full charge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
"fully dead" and "good condition" don't work in the same sentence for lead acid batteries. They "were" in good condition, but now are damaged goods. Do a couple "back-to-back" charges (fully charge, Unplug charger, plug charger in again). Then do individual voltage readings on each battery & report back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Agreed with any wet cell battery left to sit (self-discharge for a year or two ) is history. It may charge up a bit but it will have lost it's ability to store amperage.
I suspect the speed magnet failed.

Hey guys thanks for the responses! After 12+ hours of rest time after a full charge the pack is 38.0 and each individual battery is 6.2 or 6.3. I've changed the solenoid and speed sensor, but still no change. scottyb you say it may be the speed magnet? What would cause the magnet to go bad and why do you think it would make it act that way?
Old 03-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's an electrical part, they fail and when they do the motor controller is programmed to go to limp mode for safety.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:39 PM   #7
datmau5
Not Yet Wild

I am waiting on a new speed censor magnet to come in to check to see if that is the problem, but I noticed something else yesterday. I hear the solenoid click when I put the cart in forward or reverse before I even touch the pedal. Any Ideas on what could cause this?
Old 03-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #8
datmau5
Not Yet Wild

I change the speed magnet and the microswitch and it still doing the same thing 5 miles an hour top speed. Beeps and regen brake kicks in every time I stop. Any other ideas?
Old 03-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Read the sticker at the tow/run switch to see if it says anything about "diagnostic mode". I think diagnostic mode is done by flipping the f&r switch from reverse to neutral 5 times quickly. It will let you know it went into diagnostic mode with extra beeps. If you can do this, drive the cart and count any beeps it makes while driving to get a error code.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #10
datmau5
Not Yet Wild

It gives me the welded solenoid code. I've already hanged the solenoid.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO