lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #21
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Total Rebuild/Transformation: 1999 TXT DCS

did a bit of clean up, pushed the cart out onto the driveway and gave it to once over with the power washer.....

PIC8.jpg

then went over every inch were there was a little surface rust.....wire brushed, and sanded a little. Then did a double coat of Ospho (rust treatment, has been killing rust in the Marine, Industrial and Automove fields since 1947) causes iron oxide (rust) to chemically change to iron phosphate - an inert, hard substance that turns the metal black. I have had some of this and used it for nearly 30 years, and would highly recommend it. you can get it at most marine places....OR believe it or not, you can get it on Amazon......so tomorrow, I will start the priming process, then a new coat of black paint, and/or maybe start on the lift kit.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2017, 10:37 PM   #22
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Got a late start today....so didn't get as much as I wanted to done. I did get 3/4 of the left kit installed, all that's left is the install the new spindles....and the new HD springs front and back. I'll include a picture after I install the new spindles.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #23
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well I ran into a little trouble....one of the things I was going to do was to replace the bellows over on the steering rack, which should have been a piece of cake....but of course the balljoint didn't want to cooperate and when it was all said and done....an new one got ordered, grrrrrrr. BUT at least the rest of everything went smooth and I mounted the new wheels/tires.......so tomorrow....I WILL prime and paint the frame.

Oh and Santa came today too....the new Flip Seat came today.

PIC9.jpg
Old 07-06-2017, 10:00 PM   #24
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sir Nuke,
Did you order a new rack, or a whole new assembly? Which parts did you get and from where? I'd be interested to know if you get a little bit of "drag" when the new parts are assembled. I bought a whole new steering assembly from DIY GC, but even with the tie rods disconnected I am still getting a couple of spots where there is definite dragging and the steering wheel gets harder to spin. Just wondering if that is normal for new rack and pinions, or if I have a bigger problem.
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:15 AM   #25
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxPilot View Post
Sir Nuke,
Did you order a new rack, or a whole new assembly? Which parts did you get and from where? I'd be interested to know if you get a little bit of "drag" when the new parts are assembled. I bought a whole new steering assembly from DIY GC, but even with the tie rods disconnected I am still getting a couple of spots where there is definite dragging and the steering wheel gets harder to spin. Just wondering if that is normal for new rack and pinions, or if I have a bigger problem.
Neither.....all I needed was the Outer Rack Ball Joint....got one from DIY Golf Cart.

Outer Rack Ball Joint.jpg
Old 07-07-2017, 09:03 PM   #26
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Got really good news today....The 80" Top shipped today....yippie!! That and the other 2 Items I was waiting on are shipped and will arrive first part if next week. PLUS the battery Rack arrived today!

TODAY....had a good day, primed everything that got treated.....Tomorrow the whole thing gets a coat of Black. Cleaned the body really good, removed the pin stripping, then scuffed the surface real good.....plan on starting the paint on the body.

PIC10.jpg

PIC11.jpg
Old 07-08-2017, 07:21 AM   #27
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Good lookin stuff there Nukster.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:18 PM   #28
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well I got the frame and floor pan painted.

PIC14.jpg

PIC15.jpg

and the body camo'ed.

PIC13.jpg

PIC12.jpg
Old 07-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #29
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

After going to the movies.....saw Spider-Man Homecoming, good show.....got out he saw horses and the front cowl....painted the front end. Also, I read a thread where a guy was having an issue aligning his cart and couldn't adjust the tie rods, couldn't loosen them up.....seeing as how I have the steering box on the floor, I decided to ensure I could get them loose....and I did.

PIC16.jpg
Old 07-09-2017, 07:30 PM   #30
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice progress.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO