lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #1
mfunk83
Not Yet Wild

Default Another G1 issue

So my G1 will not crank any forward or reverse. Strange thing, if it sits a while and I turn to reverse the reverse buzzer or tone comes on, when hit pedal there's a click at the solenoids and tone goes off and will not come back on, no crank either. If I let it sit a day or two and turn to reverse, I get the buz or tone again, but if I hit the pedal, click again then no tone or crank.
I tested the solenoids the other night, had the reverse tone again until hit pedal, but when I did so I had both solenoids sending power at the same time so could this be an ignition switch issue vs CDI vs ???. It seems something is telling both solenoids to fire at once. Anyone have a problem like this? Thanx.
mfunk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
mfunk83
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Another G1 issue

Tested the ignition switch and seemed ok, on reverse have continuity to white/green only and in forward cont. to white/red, but not both at same time, so maybe CDI is the problem?
Old 09-22-2017, 07:28 AM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your cdi has nothing to do with turning motor over you have other issues with "no cranking" first I'd start with throwing the battery charger on after it's been on there an hour see if it does the same thing if it does go through and clean/check all the heavy battery cable and connections and pull the black rubber cap off stater generator and inspect brushes
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:43 AM   #4
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sounds like an pure electric trouble...

Continuity with no Amps does not mean it stands when (more) power is requested... I would first check connections, under load, before investigating farer...
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #5
mfunk83
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. Yes I had already charged the battery and have good voltage, I guess my thinking was the reason for not cranking is that both the forward and reverse solenoids are sending voltage at the same time, when I hit the pedal in reverse for instance I'm reading voltage from both solenoids so therefore the motor will not crank either way? I assumed it was the CDI that told which solenoid to fire and would maybe be the problem but I'll do some more testing. Was curious if anyone else had the issue of both solenoids showing voltage at the same time.
Thanx.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:47 AM   #6
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No key switch determines witch solenoid is activated solenoids will have 12v up to them all the time have you checked all the fuses and connections
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:03 AM   #7
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Obviously, both solenoids should not be active at the same. I don't know how it can be anything other than the key switch or associated wiring.

The CDI couldn't care less about F/R. It's going to call for a spark when the ignition magnets dictate that a spark be delivered, forward or reverse. Your cart isn't even getting to a point where the CDI is in play.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #8
Ctruitt82
Not Yet Wild

Found out the other day that mine will click but not run it the big battery cable is pulled out of the terminal. May want to check I think it has a timer that's supposed to keep you from switching from forward to reverse too soon. May want to try bypassing that. Also you can get voltage on both solenoids if there is no amperage being pulled(open circuit)

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
Ctruitt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha