lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
yamaha G1 owner
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default How to install light bar

Hi I wish to install a light bar onto my Club Car electric cart but have had no previous experience in this field. Can someone please let me know all the parts I need to purchase and a step by step guide on installing a light bar. Club Car model is DS 2008 with Trojan T1275 batteries, I would like to have a separate switch for the light bar and don't wish to run the lights from a separate battery.
Thanks
yamaha G1 owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2017, 01:42 AM   #2
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How to install light bar

Light bars are normally 12-24V and it is not a good idea to run them off just a part of the battery pack so you should fit a voltage reducer to take the voltage from your full pack voltage to 12V.

Carts Unlimited (http://www.cartsunlimited.net/12v-reducers.html) or Revolution Golf Cars (http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/voltage-reducers) both sell voltage reducers and will give you good service and advice.

As to which light bar, it will depend on what you need it for and whether you need it to be street legal or not. If you need it street legal then you are better off buying one of the lighting kits which will give you front and rear lights and, depending on the kit, indicators and brake lights.

Once you have supplied that information we can better offer advice and instructions.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:53 AM   #3
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How to install light bar

I just noticed that you are in Australia. Carts Unlimited and Revolution Golf Cars will both post to Australia but if you want something closer to home you can get one of the better quality Chinese ones delivered to your door.

I have fitted a voltage reducer and lights (front and rear), indicators and a horn, along with USB ports for charging my phone and golf GPS to my Club Car. I don't need it to be street legal as I live on a golf course estate and just want to be able to get home from the club after dusk.

If that sort of usage interests you I can tell you what I bought and how I went about fitting it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3291 resized.jpg (142.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by yawood; 09-27-2017 at 02:19 AM.. Reason: added photo
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light bar install help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car