lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Default The g2 is dead......

Well my ignition (I think) was getting so bad at full throttle on level ground you could see the individual lug nuts going around. So I ordered a new transistor and said why not, $3. Well the new same number and brand is not the same and does not work and I didn't have desolder braid do I ruined the old one taking it out. So my cart Is now a ornament. I'm refusing the gy6 ignition since I did order a DC one and it came ac, and the Chrysler unit is $30. So now I am seriously working on ARDUINO IGNITION!
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #2
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Default Re: The g2 is dead......

got it running tonight, i installed a gm hei unit, lx301, in place of the igniter with some interesting results. first few go around spun the engine close to 4,000 rpm which was obtainable before, after messing around, no driving just testing, max rpm was heading south and as i sit here i can only get about 2000 rpm out of it. I have scoped the pickup and that is steady so i believe the coil is bad and probably the whole problem for many years!

i should have a new thread tomorrow as a long term project thread with small details of the gm swap, and more info of future plans of this cart.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Default Re: The g2 is dead......

Have been messing with it and haven't got enough solid information to post a new project three so I will just update here untill I'm ready.

So my stock coil is still ok, I think, it was dry fowling the plug. I pulled my old plug out and she runs great......kinda

I borrowed a test light and marked tdc on the clutch cover and put a stick on the frame to measure, checked the advance of the hei unit, with the pickup leads switched around I got 22 degrees advanced ignition, great for static! Ran the engine some and checked, 11 degrees advanced, it's not supposed to change. Drove some and it drove as usual gutless and would only spin under 2k rpms, checked advance and had none. In neutral it would spin past 3000.

I'm going to let it cool overnight and check the advance later, and see if it moves when hot, and see what the scope does.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha