lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #11
1sikcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Precedent won't move or charge after body swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
One more thing. Did you check this fuse circled in yellow?

no the batteries are still in the cart. I'm leaving work shortly and going to take them out and start checking fuses i guess. so is that inside of the OBC? One is on the front of OBC from the first pic.
1sikcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2018, 06:46 PM   #12
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

It might be easier to start at the front of the cart then to start taking the batteries out.
If you had the dash loose when you were painting it is more likely something is pulled loose up front. Remove the dash and check all the quick disconnect connectors to make sure none are loose. To check the main fuse: Set you volt meter on 200vDC. Connect the black negative meter lead to the main battery negative connection. Make sure the run/tow sw is in run. Turn the key on and touch the red meter lead to the connections on the key sw. If you got voltage(48 nom) on both your fuse is good. If not it's time to take the two middle batteries out and check the fuse.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:35 PM   #13
1sikcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So I’ve taken the OBC cover off checked the wires and checked the 15 fuse on the back looked good. Checked voltage with key off 0 and key on 4.8. So I assume it’s getting power but why so low. Check the batteries individually and get 4.9, -2.2, 4.2, 2.0, 4.0, 4.1. So I have no idea why they are so low. Cart was in my heated garage since camp ended and was fine when I parked it. So what should I do now? Can I put an 8volt on a battery charger on low?? Also why is one -2.2.??
Old 02-26-2018, 09:43 PM   #14
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
yes i have a voltmeter, no i don't know what to set it to, to use properly
Could you insert a picture of the meter and how you have it set, just to rule out any operator error. Also way back in my mind I seem to remember that a battery has to be run dry before it can change polarity, check your water levels and fill with distilled water if necessary.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:22 PM   #15
1sikcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What do people use these days to upload photos?? I had photbucket and it’s a pay site now. Batteries water level was perfect.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:37 PM   #16
1sikcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Old 02-26-2018, 10:40 PM   #17
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Under the message reply box there is a button called "Go Advanced" in its menu there is an option to add a photo. Its the paperclip symbol. Click it it's pretty self explanatory.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:04 PM   #18
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

The yellow "bullet connector " that I circled in yellow needs to be connected. It goes behind the panel. It's part of all the common negative connections. I'll see if I have any pictures that will help you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sd1z4p.jpg (135.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-26-2018, 11:17 PM   #19
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is where that yellow wire connects. The meter measurement looks correct. You don't need to disconnect the batteries to measure. Yes I've seen people post here about charging one battery at a time with a 12v charger, just got to watch them and see that they only charge to about 8v maybe a little less and don't leave them unattended. Just to be on the safe side to make sure your meter is working correctly measure a 9v battery and make sure you get about 9v's and not 3 or 4v.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX500 Do Over 007.jpg (251.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-26-2018, 11:21 PM   #20
kcc865
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikcart View Post
So I’ve taken the OBC cover off checked the wires and checked the 15 fuse on the back looked good. Checked voltage with key off 0 and key on 4.8. So I assume it’s getting power but why so low. Check the batteries individually and get 4.9, -2.2, 4.2, 2.0, 4.0, 4.1. So I have no idea why they are so low. Cart was in my heated garage since camp ended and was fine when I parked it. So what should I do now? Can I put an 8volt on a battery charger on low?? Also why is one -2.2.??

If that’s your voltage reading from you meter, those are way too low to kick the charger on. Charger won’t quick on at around 32 total volts on the pack. I’m assuming you didn’t keep the charger plugged up while you stored it. That would explain why your voltage has fallen so low. You are going to have to force your charger into coming on by turning it into a hot charge. I’m sure there is a great thread on he somewhere about doing that if anyone has a link??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kcc865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car