lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2018, 11:22 PM   #21
kcc865
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent won't move or charge after body swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
The yellow "bullet connector " that I circled in yellow needs to be connected. It goes behind the panel. It's part of all the common negative connections. I'll see if I have any pictures that will help you.

The yellow bullet connector is a factory ground wire for accessories. No worries about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kcc865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2018, 06:46 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Let's slow down a little bit, those reading are not accurate.

As You know now, If You are going to leave the cart stored and not on a charger, You should put the Tow/Run on TOW and then disconnect the pack.

That will prevent any current from being discharged from the batteries.

It would have actually been better leaving the cart on a cold place as the Lead Acid Battery self-discharge slows down as the temperature decreases.

At a minimum You need to get used to put the cart on TOW when you are working on it.

Always raise one of the rear wheels OFF the ground when troubleshooting a non-running cart.

Back to the batteries, even if the individual voltages were as read, they don't add up together so You likely have a meter problem.

Your meter should be set to 20vDC when checking individual batteries as it gives you a better resolution (2 decimal places).

Try measuring the battery of your car/truck to see if you get close to 13v.

If not, replace the battery on the meter and try again.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:05 PM   #23
1sikcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So the batteries were that low. I individually charged them enough to get the charger to kick on and is currently charging. Switch is bad also going to order a new one. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
1sikcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car