lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #11
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reed switch problems

Yes--- I think someone has already bypassed it oh well so much for an easy fix thanks for the pics and the explanations
Canuck2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2018, 10:59 AM   #12
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I can't correct my post. Make sure wherever you connect it that it is seeing full pack voltage. I connected mine to a 12V source which can cause issues.
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:56 PM   #13
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for that --- I plugged it in this morning, then got too busy to do anything -- at least it will be charged in the morning
Old 06-06-2018, 05:01 PM   #14
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I think after looking at the switch, it's been bypassed before I got the cart --- not sure what to look for next --- trying to do the easy stuff first
Old 06-06-2018, 09:07 PM   #15
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry Johnnie-- I didn't notice where you asked what drive system I have -- it's a PDS
Old 06-08-2018, 09:40 PM   #16
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have finally found someone who works on these carts, he is going to come around mid week and have a look --- I just wanted to thank everyone for your help, was very much appreciated--- thanks again from the ( not so warm ) north
Old 07-27-2018, 08:52 AM   #17
ironcwb
Not Yet Wild

I connected that red wire to the white wire I found on my 2000 series txt... thinking it was for the safety so you don't drive off while plugged in...... now that thing beeps loudly in reverse, key on or off... And in reverse , key on, my battery indicator lights up, solenoid clicks when I hit pedal. In forward it does nothing. no click no beep no nothing... Maybe I have a bad reed and need to bypass as well, putting red wire on the big white wire , as in your pic? wire was already " unplugged/ disconnected" when I got it. .. I am just trying to put this thing back together to get it to move.

Will the bypass just eliminate the safety feature or will it eliminate the beep as well?
ironcwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #18
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnie-B, jumping in here. Working on a cart right now, reed switch burned out. Would a fuse in line be a good idea as you have in your 08 cart. What amp?
ardb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardb View Post
Johnnie-B, jumping in here. Working on a cart right now, reed switch burned out. Would a fuse in line be a good idea as you have in your 08 cart. What amp?
My cart came from the factory with a pigtail mini-fuse in place of the reed switch.

Personally, I'd just bypass the reed switch as shown in the attached picture, but if you want to put in an in-line fuse, I use a 3A or 5A. (Stock solenoids draw about 3A on closure and some of the aftermarket ones draw 5A or so.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Reed Switch bypass.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO