lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #1
v2comp
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 EZGO Series cart / Torque 600 Amp controller

So as I'm buying parts and pieces to put this thing back together, I came across a Torque 25-001 controller on Craigslist. its pretty close to here and the listing says its new and its for sale listed at $300.
My question is simply , what other components might i need to use this controller or is it designed for a different cart.
I just bought a new set of 2 guage wires, 6 brand new Trojan T-105 batteries, new seats, dash kit and rear seat. When i bought it the controller was bad and this is the las thing i need to get her running. I dont mean to go cheap, but if this unit will work, ill take it.
v2comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 EZGO Series cart / Torque 600 Amp controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2comp View Post
So as I'm buying parts and pieces to put this thing back together, I came across a Torque 25-001 controller on Craigslist. its pretty close to here and the listing says its new and its for sale listed at $300.
My question is simply , what other components might i need to use this controller or is it designed for a different cart.
I just bought a new set of 2 guage wires, 6 brand new Trojan T-105 batteries, new seats, dash kit and rear seat. When i bought it the controller was bad and this is the las thing i need to get her running. I dont mean to go cheap, but if this unit will work, ill take it.
I just did a search, as I had a few questions, this is what came up:

Madjax extreme performance “Torque” 600-amp adjustable on-the-fly controller Compact Design.

1. Compatible with stock motors
2. Works on both 36 & 48 volt systems
3. Universal Mounting System designed to fit original OEM mounting locations
4. Regenerative Braking in Forward or Reverse built-in Protection to prevent motor rn-out
5. Requires a Controller Module specific to the make and model of car (Sold Separately)
6. To use the adjustable feature you must purchase the on-the-fly programmer (sold separately)

seeing as how you have a SERIES cart.....Look at #4 above....only PDS/SEPEX systems have regen breaking., THUS this controller will not work for your application.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
v2comp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 99 EZGO Series cart / Torque 600 Amp controller

Thank you, that's what I read as well and thought so, I just wanted to verify before buying and having to resell it.
v2comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO