lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2018, 07:07 AM   #1
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Default wiring ?

I thought I had my 95 medalist all wired up correctly, but then I came across another wiring diagram. Which way is the right way to wire up my cart? I originally wired it like the first diagram, feeding the switch with the red wire from the battery. Then I came across the second diagram, which clearly shows feeding the switch with the blue wire off the solenoid. Also, the white wire from the charging harness is connected directly to the battery in the first diagram, while in the second diagram, it's connected to the battery side of the solenoid. I understand that obviously both the battery+ and the battery side of the solenoid will always have constant battery pack power, so I'm pretty sure it could be wired either way and still work. Just wondering if one way is better than the other. The last pic is of a blue wire that came with the cart. It has the exact ring terminal for the solenoid and connector to go to the switch, so I'm assuming my cart was wired like the second diagram. Hope this makes sense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- No A2 -Hi-Current traced.JPG (57.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg blue wire.jpg (56.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4482.jpg (53.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4483.jpg (47.0 KB, 0 views)
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2018, 08:00 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: wiring ?

Either should be able to work, but the first one shows the reed switch and is probably the "original" wiring for your cart.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You can answer the question about how your cart was originally wired at the factory by taking the top off the charge receptacle.

If it has a reed switch, it was wired like the first schematic, if it doesn't, the second. I suspect it was originally wired like the second due to the existence of the long blue wire with a ring terminal on one end.

In either case, I'd wire the black and white 10ga (maybe 8Ga) wires from the charge receptacle straight to the main negative and positive battery pack terminals and the blue wire from the solenoid's battery side large terminal to MS-2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charger receptacle - Reed Switch.JPG (73.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:55 PM   #4
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
You can answer the question about how your cart was originally wired at the factory by taking the top off the charge receptacle.

If it has a reed switch, it was wired like the first schematic, if it doesn't, the second. I suspect it was originally wired like the second due to the existence of the long blue wire with a ring terminal on one end.

In either case, I'd wire the black and white 10ga (maybe 8Ga) wires from the charge receptacle straight to the main negative and positive battery pack terminals and the blue wire from the solenoid's battery side large terminal to MS-2.
Unfortunately, the cart didn’t come with a charging receptacle. I’m going to do exactly what you said. Keep the blue wire from the solenoid to the MS-2 and wire the black and white wires from the charger receptacle straight to the battery. Thanks.
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO