lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #11
JSkeen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Advice on purchasing a g2/g9 gas

Yes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
JSkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2018, 10:14 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yes. I have one of each :) G9 trim is all rubber like my blue one.

G2 has aluminum trim around the front cowl. Its spraypainted black because my G2 is ugly st the moment, but not rubber at all.

To be honest I love my G9. I'm about to rebuild the motor because last week out of nowhere, it started smoking. Bad lol. G2 is currently up for sale as a "big block swap" project half finished. I dont kjow why, but for some reason I can't seem to get motivated to work on the G2. Once I rebuild my G9 motor (this week) I'll force myself to finish the G2 if it doeant sell before then.

But the differences between G2 and G9 are minor, but easily spotted. Biggest thing is looking at the overall condition. Anything mechanical can be fixed. Some things are more costly than others so would reflect that in the sale price. But, if you arent afraid of a project, dont mind welding to repair a frame or whatever... anything is possible. Juat gotta know where to look and what to look for :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180929_160842.jpg (598.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181028_125958.jpg (462.4 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:45 AM   #13
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

A G2 also has a built in rev limiter...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:12 AM   #14
heresjeff
Not Yet Wild

I lost this one. He either sold it or is getting it painted. Right now I’ve got the opportunity to rebuild an ez-go marathon. Should be fun. Thanks for the reply’s and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
heresjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:30 PM   #15
expo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Sure, Canadian cart. Used by a little old Eskimo lady near the Arctic circle in August.
expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Way too much money, its 30 years old. Sure they are great carts but older it is the more you will have to fix and harder to find parts, old carts are not worth as much for those reasons. It did not look to be in great condition, I'd never pay $1K for it. Prices do change depending on where you are, but that does not change how old it is. G2 is 1990 and older iirc. 91 - 95 is G9 basically the same cart other than some details. Look around you should be able to find better deals, call some cart dealers, look at auctions, etc.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:40 PM   #17
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Way too much money, its 30 years old. Sure they are great carts but older it is the more you will have to fix and harder to find parts, old carts are not worth as much for those reasons. It did not look to be in great condition, I'd never pay $1K for it. Prices do change depending on where you are, but that does not change how old it is. G2 is 1990 and older iirc. 91 - 95 is G9 basically the same cart other than some details. Look around you should be able to find better deals, call some cart dealers, look at auctions, etc.
Carts must be a lot cheaper up there. Here most any 4stroke gasser that looks decent and runs goes for $1500 +. Sub $1500 are generally beaters that look like beaters. That appears to be a clean looking older gasser. Down here that would be in the $1800-2000 range. At those prices Sho you should have several more carts.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:57 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Oh I see them (old carts) all the time for high prices, and they sit there and nobody buys them. People who don't know better already have an old expensive cart by now. There are people here all they do is get old carts for $500 and paint them, put super cheap lift and wheels on them and try to sell them for 2-3K. But if you hunt around you can find a much better deal, like the G14 a friend bought for $2K with a tall jakes lift, rear alum flip seat, roof, and was painted too. It was pretty nice, not perfect but nice just the wheels and tires were cheap. Hey my debt load is much better than it used to be, a new cart might be in the cards when I dump all these old cars I have next spring. I have 6 vehicles right now lol, too many.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:53 AM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3786773801559/

Not mine but this one just showed up, asking for 1600
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #20
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Just for fun I looked on the craigslist for south jersey and philly for low priced gassers. We have 2 yamaha smokers. 1 g2 and 1 g14,16 for $1000. Either of those get them for $800 or so and put a couple of hundred in the engine and have a driving cart. Also a hyundai with and engine knock for $ 600. This one for a few hundred less would be a good candidate for a VC swap. I didn't see any other gassers for less than about $2000. This is low priced selling season.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha