lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #1
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Are all Radsocks the same?

I have a TXT48 with the triangle shaped charge port like an RXV. I found one female radsock is charred pretty well.

I looked at replacing the charge port but the triangle charge port is more $ than a used Tesla charge port! How is that?... Anyway, if I replace the radsock I'm hoping it'll be fine. Rather than spend $25 per radsock I found a full set on fleabay for an EZGO 36v. Are the 36v radsocks the same as the 48v radsocks?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Are all Radsocks the same?

The radsoks in a 48V triangle port solder onto a PC board, the radsoks in a Powerwise "D" port have screws to attach wires. Don't know if the diameters are same or not, but even if they are, you'll have to be very creative to repair a 48V triangle port, it is filled with potting compound.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-01-12 11.39.00.jpg (67.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Charger receptacle with top off.jpg (71.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:25 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Great detective work JB
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:44 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Johnnie!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:26 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

And, no. They aren't the same size anyway.

Hey, I think I remember taking that picture years ago, after soaking the port in paint thinner for 2 weeks to get the rubbery coating off. I just had to see what secrets it held.

JohnnieB, your computer has a longer memory than my phone (from one phone, and 2 reboots ago).

The earliest triangle ports actually weren't made that way, but I haven't seen one of those "first ones" in so long, I can't remember what happened when you took the lid off. I think a Delta-Q genie comes out, granting 3 wishes, all were for a newer Rxv.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:33 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
And, no. They aren't the same size anyway.

Hey, I think I remember taking that picture years ago, after soaking the port in paint thinner for 2 weeks to get the rubbery coating off. I just had to see what secrets it held.

JohnnieB, your computer has a longer memory than my phone (from one phone, and 2 reboots ago).

The earliest triangle ports actually weren't made that way, but I haven't seen one of those "first ones" in so long, I can't remember what happened when you took the lid off. I think a Delta-Q genie comes out, granting 3 wishes, all were for a newer Rxv.
You also took a picture of the flip side (attached).

Your pictures have been very helpful. Thanks for posting them a while back.

My stash of golf cart stuff is now over 7GB and is on one of the two 1TB hard drives that move to the new computer when I update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150112_144559_169.jpg (123.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO