lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Default New member of the family full on workhorse G2/9

So after several months of work I'm just about done with my new toy, I mean workhorse! My father picked up a pair of G2's awhile back and after some bartering I ended up with this one to use down at the cabin property. I don't think he realized what I would be doing to it! A big shoutout to Alpo as I used several of his ideas such as the quad front brush guard and McMaster Carr HD springs in the rear. I went with the Steeleng 6" lift kit, it was like $30 less than the Rhox kit but I suspect it was made in the same factory in China. It was pretty difficult to install really, the holes in the arms didn't quite line up with the frame and I had to do some finessing to get everything together. The holes for the shocks didn't line up great either. I wanted the tires to stick out past the body and used 2"+5" offset steel wheels, Chaparral was the only place I could find these. I think because of the offset or maybe the ATV tires with 1" lugs I had to clearance the frame rail. I custom built the front clay basket, rear bumper and bed mounts. Vinyl wrapped with Mossy Oak Breakup and the same pattern on the seat, pictures don't do justice to how well this looks in person. If you're looking to wrap a cart Fellers has the best prices you'll find and you'll need every bit of 4 yards for a G2/9 cart. Not a very easy cart to wrap either, luckily the camo hides any flaws!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garage pic.jpg (187.0 KB, 0 views)
SlurpJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2018, 04:28 PM   #2
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New member of the family

Please don't pay attention to the mess in my garage, it's Iowa so it's cold right now and I haven't had time to get it cleaned up! I should be about done with this and will try and take it out for a little play time and get some more detailed photos! I am currently trying to get the carb dialed in better. It's always needed a lot of choke to get it started, now that it's colder I have to constantly choke it. I've checked the airbox and it's sealed up as good as it can be. My little plastic spacer isn't cracked and the carb has been cleaned. I went ahead and drilled the jet out to 1.2mm which should be the equivalent to a #120 jet and that helped a lot so I'll probably buy a 125,130,135 to play around with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garage pic side view.jpg (169.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: New member of the family

Nice job!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #4
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New member of the family full on workhorse G2/9

Looks good, how's the torque and speed with the larger wheels?
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:01 AM   #5
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Speed wasn't really a concern as the property it's going to has no flat open space, it's all hills and trees. Plus kids will probably end up driving it occasionally. I did crank down the governor all the way though and it ended up being a lot faster than I thought it would. I was more concerned with torque as I'll use it to haul wood, move boats around, etc so I put in the CPP torque spring and it's a totally different cart now, definitely worth it.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:00 AM   #6
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice looking cart! I had toyed with the idea of doing a wrap on my cart. Seems like it is a royal pain in the ___! Was it?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:16 PM   #7
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

It was horrible! It ended up taking about a week between after work and a weekend to do. You have to prep the body almost like you would for paint so wash, degrease, wash, acetone, wash and then wipe down with alcohol. They tell you 60 F is the minimum temp to apply it which is about what I could get my garage up too. I quickly found out why, you heat the vinyl to stretch it and as soon as you put down the heat gun it's already cooled off. Would have went much smoother with another set of hands as well. I will say this body style is probably one of the worst for a wrap as well with so many different pieces and very unforgiving curves and contours. A newer two piece body would be very easy compared to this! It's not perfect, I quickly realized it wouldn't be, there are wrinkles and places I decided to just seam it instead of one continuous piece but being camo it hides everything.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #8
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Also I see a lot of cart places selling the vinyl wrap kits. I think most, if not all were 10 ft of vinyl. That would not have been enough for this. I bought 4 yards from Fellers and it was still cheaper than the 10 ft kits from the cart places.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:10 AM   #9
BestC5
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That looks great!
BestC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:29 AM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice job! Looks great

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha