lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2018, 02:09 AM   #1
Dave - $
Not Yet Wild

Default Accusense charger wont kick on

Just got a cart for Christmas, a few days early. It is a 2005 TXT PDS. Got it off Craig’s list and batteries were dead when it was dropped off. When I plug the charger in it blinks 4 times, then the lights start flashing and it doesn’t charge. The flashing lights are the top and bottom ones (power on & charged). And there is no error code in the troubleshooting section of the manual for these lights flashing.

Turns out the batteries were shot and shorting. I put in all new batteries yesterday (6v Duracell cart batteries from Batteries and Bulbs). The cart runs fine now but still won’t charge. Same lights flashing. It is now down to a 1/2 charge and I am out of ideas. Seller said the charger is new, it looks new, jumpers are set to 4 (US flooded batteries and factory default).

Is there a way to factory reset the charger? Any way I can tell if the charger is shot (looks new). Any ideas????
Dave - $ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2018, 03:29 AM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Accusense charger wont kick on

I don't know what's wrong with the charger, or if it is the charger. But don't deplete those batteries any more until you get this figured out.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
Sideways
Gone Wild

Any friends or neighbors have a charger you can borrow to try on your cart?
Or have a cart you can try your charger on?
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
Dave - $
Not Yet Wild

Good thought. I’ll ask around.
Dave - $ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:10 PM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you can't find a buddies charger and you have a 12v charger you can charge the batteries 2 at a time. But you'd still need to charge all 6 batteries (assuming it's a 36v cart) before you use the cart.

50% State Of Charge and lower can cause permanent damage to lead acid batteries...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:04 AM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
If you can't find a buddies charger and you have a 12v charger you can charge the batteries 2 at a time. But you'd still need to charge all 6 batteries (assuming it's a 36v cart) before you use the cart.

50% State Of Charge and lower can cause permanent damage to lead acid batteries...
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:45 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave - $ View Post
Just got a cart for Christmas, a few days early. It is a 2005 TXT PDS. Got it off Craig’s list and batteries were dead when it was dropped off. When I plug the charger in it blinks 4 times, then the lights start flashing and it doesn’t charge. The flashing lights are the top and bottom ones (power on & charged). And there is no error code in the troubleshooting section of the manual for these lights flashing.

Turns out the batteries were shot and shorting. I put in all new batteries yesterday (6v Duracell cart batteries from Batteries and Bulbs). The cart runs fine now but still won’t charge. Same lights flashing. It is now down to a 1/2 charge and I am out of ideas. Seller said the charger is new, it looks new, jumpers are set to 4 (US flooded batteries and factory default).

Is there a way to factory reset the charger? Any way I can tell if the charger is shot (looks new). Any ideas????
Red Highlighted issue:
Set to wrong mode for Duracell batteries.
Probably ought to be in Mode-2

Blue Highlighted issue:
Only bottom three LEDs are used for Error codes.
Power LED blinking means Charge Level Unbalanced.

--------
Connect the batteries that have the closest At-Rest voltage in pairs and use 12V charger to balance the charge level.

Change to correct mode on DPI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0044.jpg (367.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had a problem similar to this. It turned out to be a high resistance corroded connection. Check the red and black wires coming from the charger plug to the batteries for bad connections. On both ends. Also check to be sure you have a 36v charger.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accusense, charger, ezgo, pds, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO