lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #11
pchilson
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 99 Ez-Go TXT Standard DCS battery condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
An aftermarket controller replaces a stock control...like 300 amps replaces 275 amps.
If you go bigger the solenoid needs to be upgraded like a 400a controller requires a 200a solenoid. (50-60 amps is stock)
And if you go real big = 500 amps you needs a 400amp solenoid and a 2g cable set. I hope this helps.
So the XCT48300-DCS would be a drop in replacement, no solenoid needed?

Thanks

Today's testing:

Un-pluged the cart, hooked my Dvm to the battery pak. Read 37.9v.
Left the Dvm hooked up while playing with my handy voltage % chart from here.(thanks!) Watching the factory 10 led and comparing what the Dvm was reading they stayed in sync. I was a bit surprised based on what your pictures showed. So anyway, at the end of the round the Dvm was reading 37.3v so just shy of 80%. The led meter agreed and was at 8 bars.

My next step when I have the opportunity will be to do a thorough cleaning of the battery connections. They aren't bad now but I want to know they are good.

So to the condition of my batteries, they are Trojan T-105s, the code on the neg post is G5.
The golf course I use it on is in the Ozarks so lets call it moderately hilly 18 holes.

Based on these numbers, whats your folks consideration of the condition my batteries to be in?

For what we have in the cart we can buy a new battery pak and be where we want to be with it. However we don't want to do that if they are in good shape for the age and we can get good use of them.

Also, would continuing to unplug and re-plug the charger help the health of the batteries in any way? Or is this not needed?

Thanks for sharing!
pchilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2018, 10:30 AM   #12
pchilson
Not Yet Wild

No one is throwing red flags so I guess I'll run with the battery pack being fine.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #13
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchilson View Post
No one is throwing red flags so I guess I'll run with the battery pack being fine.
I believe the chart you have is based on Trojan batteries, which you also have. 38.2 would be a full charge 10-12 hrs after the charger finished. You can try multiple back to back charges to see if you can get the pack to come up that last little bit. Johnnieb recommends this. It’s also helpful to know the soc for each battery.

The important thing is that you’re playing a full round of golf with plenty of juice left. The pack is doing way more than you need it to, so I wouldn’t worry about it. FWIW-I live 2 miles from my course. With a good 36v pack I used to be able to get down there, play 2 rounds, and get home. My cart did 22-23 then, so maybe I was using a bit more battery than your cart does.

Before I upgraded to lithium, my pack was in pretty bad shape. I wasn’t golfing anymore and was really only using the cart to go to the park and back. It was slower uphill, but it was fine for the time. As your pack depletes, you’ll lose speed and range. As long as those are still good enough for you, then you’re good.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:59 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In a perfect world the bar meter and the battery pack SOC would stay in sync and the meter would correctly reflect the pack State of Charge. However, it is easy enough for the meter and the pack to get out of sync as seen in my picture. If you are not going to replace it monitor the pack and be certain the bar graph meter is not allowing the pack to be depleted further than the ideal limit as this would result in a shortened useful life of the battery pack.

In conclusion. Install a battery voltmeter or keep a hand held one close-by and check the pack voltage regularly for the best results.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:04 PM   #15
pchilson
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to both of you. That's the kind d of real world experience I need to hear. I will monitor the voltages, complete the maintenance along with doing the back to back charging and see if that improves things. And yes, the cart is performing what we want.

Tags
battery, dcs, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO