lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2019, 11:53 AM   #11
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Anybody install small light bar?

I've got these, but after looking at the one on Amazon I think I'll replace them. The 12" bar will fit just fine. Is it on-off, or are the banks of LEDs switched separate?

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2019, 12:18 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The amazon cheapie is just on/off. no fancy selectable modes or anything like that. very bright though! For the price you really can't beat it.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #13
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Mathematically, that is correct. However, "real world" and "advertised" values almost never add up, especially on the cheap chinese stuff. The nilight 12" bar (I have a spare i've never installed yet) is advertised as a 72w bar. at 12v it "should" draw 6 amps. at 14.4v it "should" draw 5 amps. But real world, not even close. With my battery jump box at 12.65v it pulls 1.75 amps.

you'll find this to be pretty consistent across most of the cheaper stuff. Not to say it isn't PLENTY bright enough (it is... I'm blown away how bright an $18 light bar is) but advertised wattage vs. real wattage will almost never add up.

If you spend the big bucks on a Rigid Industries bar, you'll find it to be much closer to the advertised wattage by doing the math. I just can't justify spending $300 on a 10" Rigid bar, when the $18 amazon special is plenty bright enough for anything i'll ever need. Sure they'll get water in them or condensation, but after 6 months mine still works fine with no problems. If it is on a 4wheeler that is subjected to being underwater a lot, beat on, etc. then a more robust part may make more sense. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I doubt most golf carts are subjected to nearly the abuse most side by sides or ATV's will see on a regular basis.
Ouch. So you actually have a 28 watt bar with 25% underdriven factored in.
Am I the only one who finds this wrong?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #14
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

My cart might look like bug eyed sprite but with this very cheap set up, both up close and far out lighting is taken care of and is very adjustable
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0331 (1).jpg (416.8 KB, 0 views)
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Ouch. So you actually have a 28 watt bar with 25% underdriven factored in.
Am I the only one who finds this wrong?
Typical for cheap chinese parts. Cheap components, cust costs. But for under $20 it's very bright and serves it's purpose.

This is also why aftermarket (chinese) ignition coils, ignitors, etc. are junk and should not be trusted. IF I lose a couple LED's because they're junk quality, doesn't bother me. IF the cart stops running because of junk quality I get upset :)
Old 01-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
My cart might look like bug eyed sprite but with this very cheap set up, both up close and far out lighting is taken care of and is very adjustable
I always wanted one of those

Old 01-14-2019, 01:49 PM   #17
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Back end has plenty of LED strips and BIG turn signals. Don't want to be run over by some yahoo tourist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0300.jpg (356.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0215 (2).jpg (402.0 KB, 0 views)
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:22 PM   #18
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
I've got these, but after looking at the one on Amazon I think I'll replace them. The 12" bar will fit just fine. Is it on-off, or are the banks of LEDs switched separate?

those are like the ones I have but I don't have a bumper or winch mount to mount them on. Looking for ideas.
dchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:17 PM   #19
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchance View Post
those are like the ones I have but I don't have a bumper or winch mount to mount them on. Looking for ideas.
This one had no bumper. It wasn't much for protection, but I used angle iron fastened to the frame to mount the lights.

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:38 PM   #20
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

[/ATTACH]I mounted two led lights to my windshield lower frame. They are marine grade so no worries with water. I added two small sections of left over frame material under the lower frame and attached the lights to them. They give good light and I dont have to worry about outdriving them. The rear light is from the quad I poached the wheels from. Look kind of goofy but the whole cart is as ugly as homemade soup.....just how I like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181210_213459.jpg (139.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2019-01-14-16-35-18.jpg (84.1 KB, 0 views)
dezrcr822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha