lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #1
ebolas88
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2003 st350 won't start

I recently bought a 2003 st 350 that was running fine one afternoon, then went completely dead the next morning. The battery if fully charged contacts are clean. I've checked continuity on pretty much every wire connecting ignition components, including the gas pedal. If I bridge the solenoid it turns over but I still don't get spark. I thought it might be the solenoid, I checked it (no continuity between posts) and it appears to be ok. No spark = bad ignition coil/ignitor but it should still turn over.

I'm all ears,

Ed
ebolas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 st350 won't start

have you tried the microswitch? Also mine blew a fuse in the ignition one time and did the same thing but it is an older non mci engine so I dont know if there is a fuse in the little box under the seat on them or not.
BLUE72CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a power supply problem.I would look for a fuse that's blown....
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
ebolas88
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry it took so long, but I finally got around to checking the microswitch. With the key in the on position, I get 12v with my foot on or off the gas pedal. The microswitch is being actuated, I hear it click and I can see the lever being depressed. I've checked fuses they're good too. Has anybody ever heard of carts not turning over w/o a working ignition coil? It should still crank right? Are carts wired to only crank with working ignition coils?
Old 03-01-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
victorjohn
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The engine should turn over even if you remove ther ignition coil. If by jumping/bridging the solenoid you get the engine to turn over, then it is a faulty solenoid or faulty wiring connection. Check if the solenoid is properly grounded. There are two small poles in the solenoid. One is connected to Ground. The other is connected to the live line from the switch.

Now we will address the issue of "no spark". Check if the pulsar coil wirings are okay and/or the pulsar coil itself is okay. If okay, trace the two wires connected to the ignition coil. One is connected to the igniter and the other one to the solenoid. Check for continuity and if properly attached. How about the high tension wires (the cable connecting the spark plug to the coil), is there continuity?
victorjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #6
ebolas88
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anyone have wiring diagram for MCI ignition set-up? I've looked at the one available in this forum and it is different from mine. I initially suspected the solenoid as well, so I went on EZGO's website and determined (incorrectly) that P/N 27153G01 (4 terminals) was what I needed based on the description (2003 ST 350). My solenoid is actually a Trombetta P/N: 852-1221-210 with 3 terminals, even EZ-GO's site doesn't list it. To make things a little more complicated, when the cart stopped running I popped the seat and noticed a disconnected red wire that I initially thought was the problem, but it seems to take power to the low fuel light on my fuel gauge. I say this because when I power it and the red light turns on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-02-28 20.43.30.jpg (194.7 KB, 7 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO