lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
drick67
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '07 Precedent: New to the Game: Advise needed!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I have also just bought a 07 Precedent. It needs new batteries for sure. Best place to by batteries? I have a cc dealer 2 miles away and he wants $155 per 12v batt. Is that a good price? They are trojan batt. He said he can also do code 4 for $100 which from what I have read so far is a good price.
Beacon,

That sounds like a good price on Trojans, I have seen them as high as $190 a piece here in TX. Maybe some others can chime in to give you better info. As far as the speed goes, the factory code is not a bad idea, however, you can get a Plum Quick Bandit Motor for $125 more plus shipping and get more torque and speed than the code 4 upgrade, and the folks at Plum Quick are just darn friendly, ordered mine today! And they are a sponsor of this site!
drick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
Beacon
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I am thinking about the PQ. What is the turn over time from when you send in your motor? Hate to be down for weeks right after I just got it...haha
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
drick67
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I am thinking about the PQ. What is the turn over time from when you send in your motor? Hate to be down for weeks right after I just got it...haha
Beacon,

They probably have your motor on the shelf, I will have mine in 3 days, I had to pay the core charge and they will refund it when they get my stock motor back, mine was $225 for the motor plus $100 for the core charge plus $36 for shipping. Total of $261 after the core is refunded, no down time!!
drick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #14
Beacon
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks drick, I'll be calling tomorrow.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #15
redberanclubcar
Not Yet Wild

Thats a great price on the batteries....I JUST put new 12volt Trojans in mine and the best price locally here was $185.
redberanclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:36 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i priced a set of private label 8 volt batteries up here and they were 172 a pop................i ended up making a deal with a fellow on the top of the line trogens for 650.00 for a set.........................battery prices are crazy...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #17
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just priced in stock Trojan T-860 at $105.00 plus tax, T-875 at $130 plus tax, T-890 at $155.00 plus tax but not all same date of build covering over a year spread? Not bad from what other areas have been quoting? But to get same build date I was priced $15-#30 more each on special order?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the T-890,s are the ones i,m getting like i said 650.00 for the set comes to about 108.33 a pop.......i did give the fellow a few of my service manuals for C.C. and E-Z go but they were all doubles i had so i think i,m ahead of the game......i parted with 4 of them.....i have more doubles i held back on so i can make the same deal on a set of 6 volts when needed................................... ....
Old 05-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Batteries have gone up quarterly for the last 2 years. It's to the point I dread pricing them to customers.
I am using a fair amount of Korean imports with good luck so far. They are less expensive when they first came out but now they too have gone up to be same as the bottom line crown or Trojan.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

a buddy of mine down south is using a brand from mexico i think trozen or something like that he has them in over 200 carts and has had 0 issues with them and as of last week they were 95.00 a pop for 6 volt and 110.00 for 8 volt.........i was gonna buy a cart from him and we were going to load it down with as many batteries as possible but just shipping the cart up here was getting to the point of a major hassle.......but if i can get the shipping figured out its still a deal in the works...............................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car