lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Battery question

I have a 2004 Club car Prescentant 48 volt and the take off power is there but once u get to full speed it does not go the normal spped it should very slow the water level is good and had a full charge when checking the batteries they seem to have to right amount of charge is there a way to check them ubnder load and how would i do this? Thanks
shatteredglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery question

#1 How have you checked batterys for percentive of charge ( digital volt meter "NOT DASH MOUNT" or single float hydrometer ) and what were your readings? It helps forum to see test results on batterys.
#2 What is the voltage of each battery ( 8 volt 4 fill holes or 12 volt 6 fill holes ) and what age are your batterys stamp should be on battery post area ( example 7-4= JULY 2004 )
#3 Does your IQ controller-speed sensor slow down your cart down when accelerator is let up?
#4 Load testing requires a special tester that most battery-golf cart shops have available, also available from places like Harbor Freight if you wish to purchase? There is a way to load test some what and that is to run cart around at full speed for a mile or so and then quickly test "each batterys" voltage ( 8 volt 8.49-12 volt 12.73 ) and then "pack" voltage ( 50.96 ) to see if one or more batterys are testing low.
Top speed on a ( stock golf cart ) is 12-14 MPH for safety on golf course.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

they are Trojians and have a A-7 so means Jan of 2007 id the controller was going out would that cause the cart not to have top speed like it use too?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds more like a battery problem, you can put a DVM on the pack and drive it, see what the voltage is dropping to?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
#1 How have you checked batterys for percentive of charge ( digital volt meter "NOT DASH MOUNT" or single float hydrometer ) and what were your readings? It helps forum to see test results on batterys.
#2 What is the voltage of each battery ( 8 volt 4 fill holes or 12 volt 6 fill holes ) and what age are your batterys stamp should be on battery post area ( example 7-4= JULY 2004 )
#3 Does your IQ controller-speed sensor slow down your cart down when accelerator is let up?
#4 Load testing requires a special tester that most battery-golf cart shops have available, also available from places like Harbor Freight if you wish to purchase? There is a way to load test some what and that is to run cart around at full speed for a mile or so and then quickly test "each batterys" voltage ( 8 volt 8.49-12 volt 12.73 ) and then "pack" voltage ( 50.96 ) to see if one or more batterys are testing low.
Top speed on a ( stock golf cart ) is 12-14 MPH for safety on golf course.

did some checking and found a forum where the probelme was a speed sensor was told to leave cart in run and push the cart you should hear the speed sensor beep and feel drag on cart trying to slow down cart when i opush the cart nothing and when i let off the gas the cart does not slow dow like the other one i have does so buying a speed senor
Old 05-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Shatterglass, I don't understand your logic here. You ask a question and get two good answers. You ignore them both and decide to purchase a part. Well I sincerely hope that your new speed sensor fixes your problem but I suspect that you could have saved yourself some grief had you not ignored the advise that you asked for and gone for the zero cost option which was to test your batteries first.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
Shatterglass, I don't understand your logic here. You ask a question and get two good answers. You ignore them both and decide to purchase a part. Well I sincerely hope that your new speed sensor fixes your problem but I suspect that you could have saved yourself some grief had you not ignored the advise that you asked for and gone for the zero cost option which was to test your batteries first.
I did the suggestions i tested the batteries they all checked fine the speed sensor did not slow down when i let off the gas so i looked and found a thread that said try to push the cart it should beep when in the run postionif it does not means a bad speed sensor. I would never ignore any advice because they are all good and did get me looking at the right area thanks to all that has posted
Old 05-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

FYI all i installed the new speed senor and now it is fixed it beeps if they cart is rolled and the speed is back thanks for all the help.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
C'mon, Dave Box. Don't be that guy. I am sure that a lot of folks search the forums before they post and know to check the batteries first. It seems that shatterglass only wanted to get into the cause of the problem. He likely wasn't looking to get lectured about not following advice properly.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #10
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Lochlin, Hmmm I really don't think that I am "being that guy". If you read the posts again you see that Old Mec and ScottyB both offered what appeared to be good advice. The next post from Shatteredglass is

did some checking and found a forum where the probelme was a speed sensor was told to leave cart in run and push the cart you should hear the speed sensor beep and feel drag on cart trying to slow down cart when i opush the cart nothing and when i let off the gas the cart does not slow dow like the other one i have does so buying a speed senor

There is no acknowlegement that the proffered answers were even read. My post was merely to say, slow down here and check the batteries. Now had the o/p acknowledged the answers and maybe stated that he had checked the batteries and they were OK then I would not have tried to steer him back to the batteries.

So if anyones feelings were hurt then my post was made with the best of intentions.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car