lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #21
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: I made the move to Club Car

Yeah I saw the Avatar... Aint got nothing against Tech, it’s a great school. I was saying the same thing this weekend. How do you beat OK in OK and then loose to IS at home??? What the heck!

Texas isn’t Texas right now, but you know we will be back. Heck... everyone knows we will be back!

I don’t know for sure, but I think I might build an Aggie themed cart next. I think it will sell good around here. I might have to keep me a bucket near buy in case I get sick working on it, but I bet I will be motivated to sell it. I’m not sure I can even leave it in my garage... may have to park it outside. Most of the time I hate to see them go being I put so much work into them, but I don’t see that be an issue with an Aggie cart.
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #22
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

I installed my speakers last night... just thought I would share. The speakers sound so much better now that they are mounted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club car speakers4.jpg (163.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg club car speakers3.jpg (51.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg club car speakers2.jpg (152.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg club car speakers.jpg (147.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #23
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBuggy View Post
I installed my speakers last night... just thought I would share. The speakers sound so much better now that they are mounted.
Nice job. A friends ez nogo gasser is like that. Show pics of the stereo, if you could.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #24
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

I bought one of the cheapest radios I could find. It’s a marine grade Pyle and it came with a remote, marine speakers and only cost like 50.00. I didn’t want to spend much money on it being it’s on a golf cart that I drive around just a few times a week. I live in a gated community and all the homes sit on one 1+ acre lots... I just use to run around visiting neighbors and bar-b-q cook-offs. I had the speakers just sitting in the cubby holes and it sounded like crap. I was like, well you get what you paid for, but now that they are mounted it sounds 100% better. I mean it still isn’t the best in world, but it sounds much better and in all fairness I listen to ESPN radio the majority of the time anyways. I must say, I’m pretty proud of how it turned out. The install is really clean looks nice. I haven’t installed a radio system since High School.

I bought a hole saw kit from HF for like 16.00. It included a 5" hole saw which was the exact size I needed to cut the holes. Being its plastic it cut pretty easy and I even used my cordless drill. I cut straight threw the body and the battery tray plastic. I’m sure some folks don’t agree with cutting the battery tray, but you can’t see it unless you look inside and it’s not like its airtight in there or anything. I’m not even sure why CC uses the plastic tub for the trays. My EZGO you could look straight to ground when you looked under the seat. I know I know... this isn’t an EZGO, but I don’t think two holes in the tub are going to hurt anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club car radio.jpg (198.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 41h0p5XEtGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (8.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #25
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

@BeerBuggy:

Sweet install . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #26
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
I bought one of the cheapest radios I could find. It’s a marine grade Pyle and it came with a remote, marine speakers and only cost like 50.00. I didn’t want to spend much money on it being it’s on a golf cart that I drive around just a few times a week. I live in a gated community and all the homes sit on one 1+ acre lots... I just use to run around visiting neighbors and bar-b-q cook-offs. I had the speakers just sitting in the cubby holes and it sounded like crap. I was like, well you get what you paid for, but now that they are mounted it sounds 100% better. I mean it still isn’t the best in world, but it sounds much better and in all fairness I listen to ESPN radio the majority of the time anyways. I must say, I’m pretty proud of how it turned out. The install is really clean looks nice. I haven’t installed a radio system since High School.

I bought a hole saw kit from HF for like 16.00. It included a 5" hole saw which was the exact size I needed to cut the holes. Being its plastic it cut pretty easy and I even used my cordless drill. I cut straight threw the body and the battery tray plastic. I’m sure some folks don’t agree with cutting the battery tray, but you can’t see it unless you look inside and it’s not like its airtight in there or anything. I’m not even sure why CC uses the plastic tub for the trays. My EZGO you could look straight to ground when you looked under the seat. I know I know... this isn’t an EZGO, but I don’t think two holes in the tub are going to hurt anything.
Very nice! You didn't actually cut holes in battery box did you? I'll be mounting my speakers the same way, if I can leave the batt box intact.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #27
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Steve, yes I had to cut into the battery box. The magnet on the speaker won’t fit if you don’t. The hole for the magnet doesn’t have to be as big as the one on the body, but I don’t see the big deal. You really can’t tell unless you are looking for it and you could always get something to cover it up if you must. I’m not sure the reason CC puts a plastic like box around the batteries, but I assume it’s just for looks being the others don’t do it. I can’t see the box really serving a big purpose except keeping the batteries clean maybe and if that’s the case, where my holes are wont mess with that.
I wouldn’t hesitate doing it again. Unfortunately, CC doesn’t leave us much options when it comes to mounting speakers. I think it looks great and it uses the battery bay as a speaker box which really helps with the sound. But…. Each their own.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #28
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Steve, yes I had to cut into the battery box. The magnet on the speaker won’t fit if you don’t. The hole for the magnet doesn’t have to be as big as the one on the body, but I don’t see the big deal. You really can’t tell unless you are looking for it and you could always get something to cover it up if you must. I’m not sure the reason CC puts a plastic like box around the batteries, but I assume it’s just for looks being the others don’t do it. I can’t see the box really serving a big purpose except keeping the batteries clean maybe and if that’s the case, where my holes are wont mess with that.
I wouldn’t hesitate doing it again. Unfortunately, CC doesn’t leave us much options when it comes to mounting speakers. I think it looks great and it uses the battery bay as a speaker box which really helps with the sound. But…. Each their own.
The plastic bucket and the aluminum frame is club car's way to combat corrosion. I like to hose off my batteries when they get dusty. I couldn't do that with your setup. As far as acid leaking, I guess as long as the holes are up high enough, it's no big deal. I do like your solution, though! If I don't go with the console on the roof, I'll do it your way.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #29
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Consoles on the roof rattle a lot. Just throwing that out there
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #30
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Consoles on the roof rattle a lot. Just throwing that out there
Just like the windshields
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car