lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 Club car was charged with key left on and in forward now wont move!

The other day my son was using my golf cart and when he was done he thought he would do me a favor and charge it for me. I went to use the cart and Noticed that the key was left on and the cart was in forward. I unplugged the charger and now the cart wont move. I jumped out the 2 large posts on the solenoid and it clicked in and moved. I ordered one on ebay a new club car 36 volt replacement and installed it and nothing. I jumped out the 2 large posts and still nothing. I thought maybe the new solenoid was no good so I reinstalled the old one and jumped out the posts and still nothing. I thought maybe it was my controler so I had another one and put it in still nothing. The batteries are all charged and my in dash meter is on Full and in the green. I checked for any burned cables but see nothing. Has anyone every had this happen to them or know what might of happened Thanks
j_verscheure is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 92 Club car was charged with key left on and in forward now wont move!

have you checked the batteries with a voltage meter? how is the fuse on the charge receptical? .............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 92 Club car was charged with key left on and in forward now wont move!

Battires are all at 6.4 on my Fluke Digital meter except for one that is at a 6.3. The cart has all newer trojan batteries bought last September. we use this cart at our hunt club. We run it around all day and charge it over night. I had just charged it the night before this happened and it was fine lots of power and run great. My son used it Thanksgiving to go out to his stand and when he got back he plugged in the charger but left the key in the on positon and left the switch in forward. I got up at 4:30 am and the automatic charger was already off cause the batteries were charged.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

fuse is good on charger plug so is the wires
Old 11-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

I did a complete test on the main positive and negative leads and it shows they are at 38.4 on my fluke meter
Old 11-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The pack is at 38.4 but the solenoid does not click? Can we know what which drive system the cart is? Resistor coils or controller?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

controler PCM 36 volt stock
Old 11-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I doubt it has anything to do with being charged in gear with the key on.... likely a bad micro switch? The solenoid must activate. How did you jump the solenoid in your tests?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #9
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

jumped out 2 large posts then steped on the pedal when I did this the cart moved and the solenoid clicked in. I changed out the solenoid now I have nothing! I even put the old solenoid back on and jumped out the posts again and still nothing. I dont think I switched the wires even looked at a wiring diagram and it seems to be right
Old 11-28-2011, 07:19 AM   #10
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

I did check my micro switches I used my Fluke meter and tested them on ohms and they opened and closed when pushing the switch arm! I only have 2 micro switches in service the middle one for the back-up buzzer is not in use!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car