lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
oldiron
Not Yet Wild

Default "ELECTRIC GOLFER" Three Wheeler - 1961?

I am new to and enjoying this forum...lots of great pics and ideas. I have a fiberglass bodied three wheel golf cart made by the Electric Car Co. of Calif. It is a Model FG 75, and is labeled Electric Golfer. The serial number leads me to believe it was made in 1961 but I could be wrong. It is missing all the running gear save the front tiller wheel. No guts at other than a frame.

I just acquired a 1991 Par Car that I may try to fit the body to. I would somehow modify the front end of the body to make it a four wheeler.

Wondering if anyone might have any info on the Electric Car Co. of Calif. (they do have a website but do not respond to emails) and would appreciate any thoughts on whether I should fit the two together or not. Thanks for your advise. Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00197 (Small).JPG (68.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00198 (Small).JPG (63.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00199 (Small).JPG (68.5 KB, 17 views)
oldiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: "ELECTRIC GOLFER" Three Wheeler - 1961?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldiron View Post
I have a fiberglass bodied three wheel golf cart made by the Electric Car Co. of Calif. It is a Model FG 75, and is labeled Electric Golfer. The serial number leads me to believe it was made in 1961 but I could be wrong. It is missing all the running gear save the front tiller wheel. No guts at other than a frame.
That is one SWEET project and should look great when finished! I would love to find something like that.

Quote:
I just acquired a 1991 Par Car that I may try to fit the body to. I would somehow modify the front end of the body to make it a four wheeler.
Quite honestly, I would find an EZ-GO 3 wheeler with the steering wheel instead of a tiller and use that for your donor.

That way you won't have to do a ton of body work, you'll have a metal frame to work with when it comes time to fit the body to it, and parts would be easier to get for it (going by the fact that I mostly only see parts listed for Club Car and EZ-GO listed on different supplier's websites).

Please keep posting the progress on your project, I want to see how this one turns out.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Wow that is neat, it looks like a bumper car from the fair.
the back is crying for some cats eye(blue dot) tail lights.
I agree with Scott keep it three wheel with some fat white walls.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
oldiron
Not Yet Wild

Scott and Doomsman thank you for your replys. I really appreciate it as I am looking for any and all advise. Scott I didn't know that Easy Go - for that matter anyone - made a three wheeler with a steering wheel. I presumed that they were all tiller type steering. I live in the Sierra mountains in California and the project was going to be for my grandson when he is old enough to drive it. I was concerned with the tiller steering he might flop the cart on its side but with a steering wheel that probably won't happen. Doomsman I love both the front and back of the cart - the rear looks like a car from the late 50's for sure. It has an opening trunk lid to store the golf clubs. As a note I have a mid 70's gas Easy Go that is a workhorse on our 5 acres. It pulls a small box trailer everywhere here....really a work saver. Thanks for your advise....Jim
oldiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Scott and Doomsman thank you for your replys. I really appreciate it as I am looking for any and all advise. Scott I didn't know that Easy Go - for that matter anyone - made a three wheeler with a steering wheel. I presumed that they were all tiller type steering. I live in the Sierra mountains in California and the project was going to be for my grandson when he is old enough to drive it. I was concerned with the tiller steering he might flop the cart on its side but with a steering wheel that probably won't happen.
Here's a link to some images I just found doing a quick search:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...FORM=IGRE#x0y0

3 wheelers can still tip over, but if you put some anti-tip wheels on it like they have on the 3 wheeled Mobility Scooters and it shouldn't be a problem.

Tuck them up just far enough that they don't distract from the overall look of the cart, but low enough so that it will protect the body while preventing a roll over. That combined with a stearn lecture on the chances of rolling the cart over and damaging both him and it should do the trick.

Quote:
I love both the front and back of the cart - the rear looks like a car from the late 50's for sure.
The rear looks like a cross between the Edsel (trunk area) and the 1955-6 Ford Fairlane to my eyes. That' where I would look for inspiration and ideas.

The front looks similar to several cars I can think of, but I just can't say for sure exactly which ones. They definately took styling cues from Dodge for the front and Ford for the rear and a little Nash Metropolitan in the middle though.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts