lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
JBnSC
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha Adventurer One-18hp Vanguard?

I have a 2009 Yamaha Adventurer One that I bought with a blown engine so I'm considering a 18hp Vanguard upgrade. This will be my first project cart so any advice is welcome. I haven't had much luck finding any info on modifying this model. Is this even possible? Thanks and I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place. New to forums. I included a pic because I've called a few places and they're not familiar with this model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (7.1 KB, 0 views)
JBnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Adventurer One-18hp Vanguard?

It is possible. Knowing how or having a buddy who knows how to fit and weld makes it much more possible
jmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
JBnSC
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I can fab enough to get myself in trouble probably. On paper it looks like I'll have to lower the engine plate. The Vanguard is taller than the stock engine and that's the only way I see to make some space. I may have to relocate the oil filter but otherwise it should fit. Do you have any suggestions? I'm wide open.
I'm wanting to build a good strong cart to ride a few trails around the house and around the neighborhood. Nothing huge and fast. Gonna loose the big dump box and make one a little more to scale. Fab up a cosmetic roll cage and lift it. Thought knowing what I'm going for might help get me pointed in the right direction.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
JBnSC
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I picked this cart up cheap hoping i could rebuild it but when I got it apart that was no longer an option. It basically imploded. So I figured if I gotta replace the engine completely why not up the hp.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Call Tom at CPP and get a clutch and a belt . Start wacking and tacking That is what I did. Why do you want a roll bar if it is not going to be fast ?
Old 07-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I've built several stock hight cars with big blocks, dont see why it wouldn't work in an adventure. Pretty shure a "The Drive" kit from Tom @ CPP would bolt right in. Sometimes a kit (in the long run) save you money and.....heartache. With your engine already out, you could probably have the kit istalled in 4 hours and running I did it once in 2 hours, but I had a helper and I wasn't drinking
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I agree with small block . If there is a bolt up kit , get it . It will be worth the money. If you are like me and have a whole lot more fab skills than money then build your own. I also have more time than money.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
I've built several stock hight cars with big blocks, dont see why it wouldn't work in an adventure. Pretty shure a "The Drive" kit from Tom @ CPP would bolt right in. Sometimes a kit (in the long run) save you money and.....heartache. With your engine already out, you could probably have the kit istalled in 4 hours and running I did it once in 2 hours, but I had a helper and I wasn't drinking

I would love to do this project! I would have Tom's (CPP's) kit and keep the bed, get some wheels/tires and possibly a lift

Good luck and try to keep us in pictures.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Does it have the long box (shown in the picture) or the short one?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
JBnSC
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks smallblock and everyone else for the replies. I'm definitely gonna call CPP tomorrow. I also think that parts for The Drive will work on this model. They appear to be very similar. I do plan to lift it and get some tires so I'll be calling on you guys again after the engine install And it has the long box like the pic
I'll be sure to post some pics when I get started. I'll have a better idea when that'll be after I call CPP. Thanks again for all the info.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!