lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2017, 10:03 AM   #51
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo 42 volt conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmdew View Post
I think I read somewhere that a 36v could not be upgraded to 42v, is that correct; since I have extra laying around.
While it might be possible to upgrade a 36V charger to 42V, the expense of doing so is likely exceed the cost of a new 42V charger.

For a ferroresonant transformer type charger, you'd have to replace the transformer, capacitor and possibly the diodes, plus find a 42V control board.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2017, 10:03 AM   #52
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I think I read somewhere that a 36v could not be upgraded to 42v, is that correct; since I have extra laying around.
Your controller & solenoid must be 42v compatible... since there are no 42v solenoids and controllers we use 48v rated components. The 48v solenoid is much more tolerant of operating under current than the 36v unit is of operating over current.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:06 AM   #53
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
disregard, next person gave good info
no, is a perfectly accurate response SINCE you phrased your question in a manner that yes or no was applicable... IMO- $80 charger will be a very unsatisfactory choice over my DPI unit
sorry if i tried to help and you thought the response unhelpfull...
next time try asking for EXACTLY the type of response you want instead of disregarding a good and accurate reply and you might be more satisfied the responses you receive...

jonnie and scotty are some of the BEST minds on this forum-imo...their experience and knowledge are appreciated and invaluable-glad you have them on this thread to assist your quest for knowledge...and dont forget that the vast majority of those accessing this forum have less experience to offer and some might be handicapped...i have brain damage and this response took me 26 min to type.
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:56 PM   #54
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Your controller & solenoid must be 42v compatible... since there are no 42v solenoids and controllers we use 48v rated components. The 48v solenoid is much more tolerant of operating under current than the 36v unit is of operating over current.
What else would I need to change out then if I went to 42v system, thanks.
csmdew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36v, 42v, 48v, ezgo upgrade, voltage upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO