lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #1
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Intermittent dead peddle 97 ez go (kinda)

I have a 97 EZ Go DCS. I have converted it to 48v (8, 6v Trojan 105), Plumb Quick tourqe motor, 700amp Logisystems controller, HD solenoid, and HD F/R switch. Recently, I have started experiencing a "dead pedal" from time to time. If I continue to press the pedal... Sometimes til the point of leg cramps, the cart will begin to work again. I also recently started keeping the cart outside (usually cover). I replaced the ITS and microswitch and still experiencing the same issue. I sent the ITS back for another at the thought that I got a defective one. No luck. When redone, my friend wired the solenoid to activate when the key is on. I have checked for loose connections on the ITS, microswitch and controller. I believe the junction between the ITS and controller was done away with and wires spliced with heat shrink connectors. My main questions are these, has anyone seen intermittent issues like this from a "dying controller"? Given the nature of the solenoid wiring, it has been left on before accidentally, has anyone seen intermittent issues from a solenoid like this or is it most likely a wiring issue. PLEASE HELP and thanks!
Hillbilly Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Intermittent dead peddle 97 ez go (kinda)

I'll be watching this one as in the last two days I'm having a similar problem. Cart running fine, let of pedal to make a turn, hit pedal again and nothing. Pump pedal a couple of times and it goes again. I have a series but sure sounds like the same issue.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm surprised no one has offered any feedback on the questions on the solenoid and controller.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
Rodriguezmf1250
Getting Wild

I've heard there is some tricky wiring going in with some Logisystem controllers. I'll see if I can find the wiring on them. Maybe the solenoid running off the key switch that's giving you issues.
Rodriguezmf1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah, obviously hoping it's anything except the controller (Biggest $). It currently isn't working, so I'm hoping this helps with diagnistics.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #6
Rodriguezmf1250
Getting Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-please-2.html
That has some diagrams. Don't know if its much help, I'll try to find more.
Rodriguezmf1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't know if this will help, There is a sonic weld in the wiring harness. It has been known to give this kind of problem. The first one I ran across gave me fits. It's located about six inches right of the passenger side mico switch.

It's hard to find. Scotty can give you more info. Don't know it this will help or not.
Sonny
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #8
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. I will check it out in the morning.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #9
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I didn't have the fusion welded connection mentioned, however I did have heat shrink splices. I ran new wires from the pedal to the controller/solenoid. Seems to be working for now. I will keep ya'll posted.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:23 AM   #10
Hillbilly Deluxe
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Nope. Went out to test drive last night and nothing. Guess I'm looking in the direction of solenoid/controller. Ouch. Does anyone know a test that can tell me which is the issue?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO