lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
cfstokes55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default need help, cart want go.

I have a 02 txt pds, the issue I am having is when the accelerator is pressed the solenoid clicks and the cart rock forward but then rocks back and that's is. now a while back it was running then just slowed down and stooped like the cart was dead. i knew i needed new battery so i parked it for about a mouth until i could afford them. i installed the new battery's and let the charge over night. the next day i got on the cart and it took off i went about a mile or so down the road and it started to shutter and shake and then stopped again. got it back to the house took a reading of all the battery and all of them where on 6.5 volts total 39 volts. i know that that is plenty to run the cart but i went ahead and put it back on charge. when the charger cut off i tried to go and that is where i am now.

now my question is with the cart trying to move but not being able to i would assume that the controller is good. how to i check the motor and see if it is gone or what. i have taken the motor off and taken it apart there was a lot of dust and black powder in it but i assumed it was form the brushes. they looked fine to me two where worn down more so than the others but still look like it had plenty there. any suggestions would be great thanks.
cfstokes55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: need help, cart want go.

my forward/reverse switch was bad and it was shuddering in forward(intermmitant contact in the switch)...make sure to check its condition,scotty b. has a great one if you need it!

edit,you may need to test the solenoid also...
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
cfstokes55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok thanks for the info on the f/r switch, I checked it and changed to ends on it just because I thought they needed new one and in hope that like you it was the problem. well that was not the case and the solenoid worked great. I had a friend come over and bring his cart after all this and we swapped out the motor and it worked great. took off and never stopped, took it all around the neighborhood and town and back never quit. so we open up his motor to move the brushes to mine and see if that was the problem. well I never moved them because what I thought looked like good brushes on mine compared to his was crap. so I went and bought some this morning installed them and we are back in action. hope this helps someone in the future.
cfstokes55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

thats great! glad you have had a sucess!
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfstokes55 View Post
ok thanks for the info on the f/r switch, I checked it and changed to ends on it just because I thought they needed new one and in hope that like you it was the problem. well that was not the case and the solenoid worked great. I had a friend come over and bring his cart after all this and we swapped out the motor and it worked great. took off and never stopped, took it all around the neighborhood and town and back never quit. so we open up his motor to move the brushes to mine and see if that was the problem. well I never moved them because what I thought looked like good brushes on mine compared to his was crap. so I went and bought some this morning installed them and we are back in action. hope this helps someone in the future.

Good Work
Thank you for posting your findings here for other members to read. I'm sure this will help somebody else out a bunch.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO